Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chats boyfriend is the epitome of everything she finds unattractive.
Blond, long haired, skinny, goth... hippie... 8bit gamer... List goes on and on.
Yet... For some reason he is the most dreamiest guy Chat has ever met. Rawr.
5 years together next month.
8 years here this past January... was an awesome night until she picked a fight at dinner...

-Tim
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller10 View Post
8 years here this past January... was an awesome night until she picked a fight at dinner...

-Tim
Oh no problems like that here.
Boyfriend has realized that Chat is always right.
That and he is skinny and Chat can lift him off the ground easily. *smooches muscles*
So he picks a fight during dinner!
Chat will simply make something else for him.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chats boyfriend is the epitome of everything she finds unattractive.
Blond, long haired, skinny, goth... hippie... 8bit gamer... List goes on and on.
Yet... For some reason he is the most dreamiest guy Chat has ever met. Rawr.
5 years together next month.
I don't doubt opposites attract. They frequently do, and I've wound up in more than one relationship with women I normally wouldn't go far. All of whom I'm still friends with. But that for me is the let down, we always wind up being friends. Bleh.

Plus, your boyfriend and I have lots in common based off the short list you gave thus far, well everything depending on your definition of hippy. :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller10 View Post
I feel your pain... for I too, love the redhead.

-Tim
Double post, sorry.

But yes, redheads are win. All kinds of win. Just sucks that not only have I been taunted in my dreams by one I have yet to meet, but the universe sticks it to me by showing me all these redheads IRL I can never be with.

Good thing I have a good sense of humor and can give the universe the finger.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosGladiator View Post
Well some women look at you using the game and blowing time in it as cheating on them as now they have competition with a machine. Honestly man from what you describe fire the dead weight as it just sounds like she's hanging on so you pay her way.

REGARDLESS of the situation there shouldn't be a negative tone coming from someone you want to spend your life with. That only happens when a person changes their mind and feels trapped or stuck.

Good luck on whatever you decide. With 8.9 women to every one man on the planet. If she wants to leave or some petty video game, I'd get up walk over to the door and open it then sit back down.

That's just me though. You are thee only one who can decide what's best for you. Seems like though you're looking for approval and not guidance.
What he said. If you give in to the nagging, it'll be a sign to her that nagging is the way to get you to do things, and she'll be nagging you for the rest of your life. Put a stop to this asap! Whether you make her ask nicely or get a divorce is entirely up to you. In favor of your kids, I'd try getting her to ask nicely first.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Cryptic must be loving this. The 2 signs of a good MMO

Divorce
Dead Koreans
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I have to say, from a serious point of view: If she's threatening divorce over a game, I'm sorry friend, but there's some larger issues going on there. I could understand if you were one of those super-addicted players in the sense that anything that wasn't the game didn't matter. But you're obviously not one of those players.

As you said, this isn't even the tip of a really nasty iceberg.

Even though the father in me wants to agree with the above poster on trying to fix things for the kids, the realistic side of me says that's a horrible reason to force a marriage or any kind of relationship to work. If there's the possibility of ending it before it gets worse, and being able to stay civil with her, that is the better situation for the kids. Forcing a relationship for the sake of the kids is not only doomed to failure, but frequently ends with some serious issues for the children as well.

Now, to save face and keep people thinking I'm the random crazy happy go-lucky person I come out to be, eat more bees.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTechJ View Post
I have to say, from a serious point of view: If she's threatening divorce over a game, I'm sorry friend, but there's some larger issues going on there. I could understand if you were one of those super-addicted players in the sense that anything that wasn't the game didn't matter. But you're obviously not one of those players.

Even though the father in me wants to agree with the above poster on trying to fix things for the kids, the realistic side of me says that's a horrible reason to force a marriage or any kind of relationship to work. If there's the possibility of ending it before it gets worse, and being able to stay civil with her, that is the better situation for the kids. Forcing a relationship for the sake of the kids is not only doomed to failure, but frequently ends with some serious issues for the children as well.

Now, to save face and keep people thinking I'm the random crazy happy go-lucky person I come out to be, eat more bees.

Haha, thanks to all for the advice... I really wasn't even venting. Just wondering if there was anyone else out there drowning in the BS too.

Much love to my STO peeps.

-Tim
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTechJ View Post

You pretty much said what I was about to type out.

To the poster all I will add though is try and spend some time with her to see what else she feels is happening. Perhaps it has built up over time and the 'game' is the last straw. I have done something similar in the past at work where I have snapped at a guy for telling a joke about me that normally I would have laughed at but having spent the day slowly stressing out it caused me to shout at him. I apologised to him and things went back to normal but I realised where I went wrong and resolved it.

Perhaps it is something similar with your wife. Perhaps over the years little things that have happened either by direct fault of yourself, your chldren, her job, her friends, her family, your family etc have been building up to the point that the dam is fit to burst and you go and spend more time on a game than with her ( I assume the latter as my boyfriend does the same thing, I solve the problem by playing with him )
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Had a rough patch with the wife when I was "deep" in WoW (read spending 6 hours+ a day in game). Things smoothed with time and efforts. I admit now that I was stuck in a loop of madness. Try to take a step back and check if you are not totally abandonning her and your kids for a game.
I am not judging you, just speak out of experience here. Sometimes we get too involved in games and lose perspective.