Lt. Commander
# 1 Cheats/Exploits in PVP?
02-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi all,

i was just on CaH-PVP-Map and experienced a very very strange thing.
During the battel i saw a single Kligon 4 level below me and started to fight him.
I better have think twice...1 sec after fight starts my shields down , after 3 sec later im was defeated,
This happens 3 times. So that's realy stupid because all Klingons were 2-6 levels below our team.
A teeamate thought also he has been onehitted by a klingon.

So this let me think about cheating/exploting....is it possible that there are any cheaters buffing their ships or something like that?

It's really frustrating...

Confed 71
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 03:12 AM
What tier are you playing in? My guess is you got nailed by Rapid Firing cannons, which have pretty ridiculous damage output right now. It's the only thing I've really seen that causes ships to blow up in the blink of an eye. Well, that and ramming speed sometimes, but that wouldn't be taking out your shields, just hull.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 03:15 AM
as soon as you know where they are attacking from , reinforce that shield side, and click the heck out of it. a BOP has most of its weapons on the front ( i believe so ).

Its also a nice combo to have a Jam Sensors skill on a BO , and or a Tractor beam on a BO, after they fly by, tractor them and pound that side of their ship , has been working for me in Tier 2.

worst is when 3-4 BOPs focus fire on you, then you are S.O.L.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 03:21 AM
the levels don't mean that much in PvP. They have a little impact, but not so much as in PvE.

I guess it was your first contact with fully maxxed out DPS BoPs. If you don't react fast you're toast. especially if they focus fire (all pick the same target)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 03:27 AM
Was he using phaser cannon at all? Those have a (small) chance to drop your shields for a few seconds ... and a few seconds with rapid fire cannon and high yield torpedoes is all any good captain needs

Also - what shields do you have fitted? The standard ones you get with a new ship won't hold out long against someone who's picked up proper weapons for their tier ... and if you're still in Tier 1 then klingons START OUT with proper weapons for the tier.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 03:41 AM
a good BoP pilot drops your shields in 2 seconds and unloads his high yeald torpedos (depending on range) on that momentum when your shields go down you get hitted by 2 torps right after.

Means you die if you dont rotate heading(turn that ship !!!) and or use defencive CDs.