Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi, I'm Captain Sharpe, and I'm a VM user.

*Choir* Hello Sharpe.

Honestly, I used it on my sci ship between Tier 3 and 4, mainly as CC. You know... 5 klinks pop out of stealth and start pewpew'ing a target, you VM one, subnucleonic beam on another and HOPE that gives enough of a breather so the heals and resistances can kick in.

Got hit with it alot as well, and I wasn't annoyed at the fact klinks use it, more annoyed at the fact none of my team mates *ever* science teamed me out of it.

Dropped it now at T5 and won't use it until it's fixed... scramble sensors is funny with the carriers anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpsy
... scramble sensors is funny with the carriers anyway!
Please continue to use it, its rather useless, you only manage to Scramble the carriers and the repair bots, neither of which hinders our dps or survivablility.

There seems to be some glaring omissions in Fed builds/strategy when it comes to attacking carriers, several BO skills are ideally suited for the task, yet are never employed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Please continue to use it, its rather useless, you only manage to Scramble the carriers and the repair bots, neither of which hinders our dps or survivablility.

There seems to be some glaring omissions in Fed builds/strategy when it comes to attacking carriers, several BO skills are ideally suited for the task, yet are never employed.
well, considering just about how useless most of the pets are that a carrier can summon (they seriously take 3 seconds to destroy) its no real surprise that more people dont carry stuff for them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post

I will continue to use it thanks...

It's funny cuz due to their size, scramble sensors will affect every bloody klink in a radius of almost 8km...

I seriously couldn't care less about the evil lag swarm. they cause lag more than any sort of damage

And about lack of strategy - quite true - I really haven't noticed one is needed. Won alot of T5 games now, and in all of them the best strategy is to completely ignore carriers, always dps the bops first, and whenever we got time, just go blow the carriers away. profit