Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
What BO's and weapon loadouts would you reccomend for T3 and T4 ballte cruisers?

Obviously talking about pvp... Please add note if spec is better for solo pug's vs teams.

Also, if possible give examples of tactics used.

*hope this thread will be usefull for BoP captains looking for a change of pace.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I'll give ya my build. Good dps and healing, semi-controversial, but I believe it to be one of the best possible outfits for a T4 Cruiser.

Weapons: 7 Disruptor Beam arrays
Consoles: 3 EPS Flow Regulators (Engineering), 2 Halon Systems (Science), 2 Disruptor amplifiers (Forget the name, I'm at work - Tactical)

BO:
Commander Eng - Engineering Team, Reverse Shield Polarity, Extend Shield II, That crappy Warp plasma thing (get something better if your an engineer)
Lt. Eng - Engineering Team, Extend Shield I
Lt. Science - Hazard Emitters, Feedback Pulse
Lt. Tactical - Beam Overload, Attack Pattern: Beta

Teammates rarely die, you do good dps by only broadsiding and applying AP: Beta while feedback pulsing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankerin
I'll give ya my build. Good dps and healing, semi-controversial, but I believe it to be one of the best possible outfits for a T4 Cruiser.

Weapons: 7 Disruptor Beam arrays
Consoles: 3 EPS Flow Regulators (Engineering), 2 Halon Systems (Science), 2 Disruptor amplifiers (Forget the name, I'm at work - Tactical)

BO:
Commander Eng - Engineering Team, Reverse Shield Polarity, Extend Shield II, That crappy Warp plasma thing (get something better if your an engineer)
Lt. Eng - Engineering Team, Extend Shield I
Lt. Science - Hazard Emitters, Feedback Pulse
Lt. Tactical - Beam Overload, Attack Pattern: Beta

Teammates rarely die, you do good dps by only broadsiding and applying AP: Beta while feedback pulsing.

Dammit Rae, why dont you telegraph the entire world with our strategies?

Ok to answer OP, the only decent way to play the game is with a group of player who are willing to theorycraft and play as a team. PuGs will drive you nuts after a while, find yourself a decent fleet. Remember, the key to the game is support and focus fire. You need to kill the enemies with your abilities before they kill a single member of your team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Haha, I'm helpful. It's not like we won't come up with something better in a week anyway
And it's nice to have a challange!
OR it's just a recruiting scheme in disguise.

In all seriousness Gnaw is right though, to truely be successful you need to have Focus Fire and cross-healing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankerin
Haha, I'm helpful. It's not like we won't come up with something better in a week anyway
And it's nice to have a challange!
OR it's just a recruiting scheme in disguise.

In all seriousness Gnaw is right though, to truely be successful you need to have Focus Fire and cross-healing.
Helpful? What about torpedoes? They are clearly missing. I demand a 6 page, double spaced essay on the benefits of an all beam setup over the torpedoes from every orifice setup.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Hahaha, I've given up trying to explain it. I will forever just let others be half-retarded
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 05:48 AM
I saw what appeared to be a T3 Fed Cruiser with a *lot* of turrets on, I mean.. Hed circle the fight and those turrets just completely ra*ed my shields (K't'inka MK VI Resilient... 3300ish HP IIRC)

Anyone have experience with a full turretloadout? Ive considered trying it before, but looked at the 105 badge per turret and thought "Erm, LOT of PvP for something that might not work"

The 360 degree full coverage from 6 turrets *sounds* nice though

If it *does* have merit, what would be the ideal BO setup, rapidfire is a given, but in place of the HYT?

(At work so cant fiddle loadouts/skills atm, just want some general opinions)

*Edit* Just thought... 6 phaserturrets at rapidfire, each with a 5% chance to drop a system, theoretically it should give a pretty darn big chance of disabling something.. And what about plasmas? do the dot stack?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Plasma DOTs do not stack, they just get refreshed. Turrets are not worth it imho, the 250° angle on Beam Arrays is enough. Just broadside & mash spacebar. With the still acceptable turn rates on Klingon cruisers you can still utilize a Torp Launcher without much hassle. Cruisers are so ******n overpowered atm itīs not even funny lol.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehilator View Post
Plasma DOTs do not stack, they just get refreshed. Turrets are not worth it imho, the 250° angle on Beam Arrays is enough. Just broadside & mash spacebar. With the still acceptable turn rates on Klingon cruisers you can still utilize a Torp Launcher without much hassle. Cruisers are so ******n overpowered atm itīs not even funny lol.
Yeah well.. problem is twofold.. If Klingons start stacking beams, Id guess more Feds would use FBP, second.. As it is Id have to spend 1200 points in beams to get same bonus my cannons have.. Might be worth it though, or maybe I should just reroll.

Lastly, wouldnt the beams suck a lot more power than those turrets? I mean, I have EPS transfer and stuff, but still?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 06:56 AM
If you are so eager to try full turrets: The vendor sells them for energy (disruptors, but for a test OK).

I would take tactical team as ensing tac ability then btw. Beam abilities are useless, so are torpedos if you have none, thats the only one left.

If you want phasers take your FED twink and buy them there. You can mail them to your klingon. or use the exchange