Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Look, I have been very patient and filed tickets to all the bugs I have found thus far. However, I have yet to have a serious response for any of them except the canned "it is an evolving MMO..." Now the number of bugged missions I have which I am unable to complete are mounting and I have heard no resolution whatsoever for some basic bugs.

Here are the major ones I have right now:
  1. Weapon specials reset each time I beam to ground. I have to manually put them back in the action bar.
  2. Randomly I will be unable to fire ship and/or ground specials using the number keys for entire gaming sessions. Sometimes it is only space, sometimes it is ground, now sometimes it is both.
  3. "Den of Thieves" is now bugged, Teleb became invincible, now i cannot complete the mission. I tried quitting then going back in, no Teleb, beaming then going back down, no Teleb. The mission is stuck in my journal at Kill Teleb. - Current workaround is you guessed it, change your instance.
  4. "Line in the Sand" I finished but it is bugged out and still in my quest journal with only one of the four objectives checked.
  5. "Salvaged Relationships in the Neutral Zone" will not update and remains in my quest journal.
  6. Docking at starbase 39 poses a problem sometimes where I can be right on top of the station and it tells me I need to move closer, only workaround is changing instances.
  7. "Patrol the Mema Sector" I had a mission where you had to scan wreckage and I had to hit scan several times for it to work (yes I was stationary, in range, and out of combat). For a few I had to move away then return because they seemed stuck in a loop.
  8. In several mission the enemy UI allows it to fire through static objects such as asteroids. Basically I take damage from them but cannot even target them.
  9. In some cases anomalous readings will spawn in the ground and be unobtainable.

Can I get some sort of response, three of these are since launch. With so many developers you would think some would be dedicated to squashing bugs. Every time I play the list keeps on growing not only from me but from others and we hear no word on what is included in the patches and no word if any of these issues are being addresed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Look, I have been very patient and filed tickets to all the bugs I have found thus far. However, I have yet to have a serious response for any of them except the canned "it is an evolving MMO..." Now the number of bugged missions I have which I am unable to complete are mounting and I have heard no resolution whatsoever for some basic bugs.

Here are the major ones I have right now:

[*] Weapon specials reset each time I beam to ground. I have to manually put them back in the action bar.
I believe this is a known issue. I've encountered it durring open beta, and I've heard from others who've had this issue in game. Have you filed a ticket?
Quote:
[*] Randomly I will be unable to fire ship and/or ground specials using the number keys for entire gaming sessions. Sometimes it is only space, sometimes it is ground, now sometimes it is both.
Have they become unassigned or are the numbers unresponsive?
Quote:
[*] "Den of Thieves" is now bugged, Teleb became invincible, now i cannot complete the mission. I tried quitting then going back in, no Teleb, beaming then going back down, no Teleb. The mission is stuck in my journal at Kill Teleb. - Current workaround is you guessed it, change your instance.
[*] "Line in the Sand" I finished but it is bugged out and still in my quest journal with only one of the four objectives checked.
[*] "Salvaged Relationships in the Neutral Zone" will not update and remains in my quest journal.
I'm not even sure this mission can be completed at present, due to the warzone missions not finishing properly.
Quote:
[*] Docking at starbase 39 poses a problem sometimes where I can be right on top of the station and it tells me I need to move closer, only workaround is changing instances.
[*] "Patrol the Mema Sector" I had a mission where you had to scan wreckage and I had to hit scan several times for it to work (yes I was stationary, in range, and out of combat). For a few I had to move away then return because they seemed stuck in a loop.
Is this a connection issue? I'm sorry, I'm just not sure, but it could be.
Quote:
[*] In several mission the enemy UI allows it to fire through static objects such as asteroids. Basically I take damage from them but cannot even target them.
The enemies tend to actually become imbedded in the object for this behavor to occor. Interestingly turrets have no trouble opening up on them while this is occuring.
Quote:
[*] In some cases anomalous readings will spawn in the ground and be unobtainable.
Yeah, that is pretty annoying. Have you filed a ticket?
Quote:

Can I get some sort of response, three of these are since launch. With so many developers you would think some would be dedicated to squashing bugs. Every time I play the list keeps on growing not only from me but from others and we hear no word on what is included in the patches and no word if any of these issues are being addresed.
Sorry about bjorking up your list there, and if I wasn't that helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
I believe this is a known issue. I've encountered it durring open beta, and I've heard from others who've had this issue in game. Have you filed a ticket?
I have filed multiple tickets with no response, in fact, I have filed tickets on all of this. They basically become unassigned.

Quote:
Have they become unassigned or are the numbers unresponsive?
Aside from the ground weapon special becoming unassigned, they become unresponsive.

Quote:
I'm not even sure this mission can be completed at present, due to the warzone missions not finishing properly.
I have been seeing alot of this lately but with no real answers from devs or customer service.

Quote:
Is this a connection issue? I'm sorry, I'm just not sure, but it could be.
I have a high speed DSL connection and I play the game fine. When this does occur if I change instances it works fine so that tells me there is something up with the code.

The enemies tend to actually become imbedded in the object for this behavor to occor. Interestingly turrets have no trouble opening up on them while this is occuring.

Quote:
Yeah, that is pretty annoying. Have you filed a ticket?
Yep, I have filed a ticket and have seen it is a known issue. I am just not quite sure what filing tickets is going to do for two reasons; 1) We don't have a well organized "known-Bug Thread" and 2) the dev/customer support communication about what is being taken care of or fixed in patches is non-existent.

Quote:
Sorry about bjorking up your list there, and if I wasn't that helpful.
You have been way more helpful that Cryptic's Customer Support.