Lt. Commander
# 1 Having a Great Time!
02-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Well ,been waiting for this game for a LONG time. I am a huge Trek fan and MMORPG player and when I heard about STO 2 years ago I knew I would have to get it. I played most all MMORPGS (WOW, EQ1 and 2, Vanguard, LOTRO, POTBS, ***, Warhammer, ****, Eve, and a bunch more.) been playing STO for about 20 hrs so far and I am loving the game. The game needs a little work and a few bugs worked out but the game has been all in all stable for me. I have never had any que waiting period or crashes in the game. The only problem I had is extreme lag when I am on the Earth Space Dock and also during ground combat missions at times, however, I turned off shadows and the game runs smooth as can be now.

I love the space combat and the look of space in the game. Everything is so colorful and the effects in space are great. So far the missions have been fun and the ground combat, although not perfect right now, is awsome the way your NPC teammates just dont run around but really do their part.

The best part about STO is the fact that it is Star Trek and finally a space MMO where you dont have to have a masters degree to break the surface of the game. I played EVE and hated it. STO is an action orientated game, where someone can jump in and have fun and feel like you are a part of the Star Trek universe. I love the fact that Cryptic decided to not have a strict death Pen where you lose all your stuff if you die. I dont mind having to get stuff fixed if you die and inconvience of respawn away from the quest, but I hate losing my stuff and Exp points.

Been playing MMO's long enough to know that a MMO is a constant work in progress. This game will be a totally different game in 3 months. Even WOW had problems when it first came out. I am looking foward to the future of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 07:12 AM
The marketing department has spoken.

This posting goes far beyond everything fanboiism - it's even written in correct language.

Next time, please use the typical fanboi - nerd - language, so even I may consider your posting genuine for about 0.02 nanoseconds.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 07:25 AM
I like STO very much as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Since my earlier age ( 8 - 19 ) i was educated into scifi and Star Trek was one of my favourite shows on TV and later on movies ( Next Generation ). Since then i have played many games also waiting for one day to see a Star Trek MMO.

So far the expirience has been full TREK power. Whoever has been into star trek movies / shows will love the game and what it can become more in the upcoming months if Cryptic does it good part.

If this makes me a Fanboi or yadda yadda. Well i am Trekkie and this is my game.

Also i am not going to compare to other mmo´s i have played because comparing "cheese to a flower" cant be done.

In sum I AM LOVING this Expirience and game. Thx Cryptic Studios.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post
The marketing department has spoken.

This posting goes far beyond everything fanboiism - it's even written in correct language.

Next time, please use the typical fanboi - nerd - language, so even I may consider your posting genuine for about 0.02 nanoseconds.

Thank you!
Thats funny, No I am not with the marketing Dept. I wish I was, they probably make more money then me. I just really like the game so far.