Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavag View Post
First off why would I sell you anything for less than I can get for them elsewhere..

Second I never said they were worthless I said you could sell the ones you don't use. I use a lot of shield batteries as a cruiser but amost no weapon batteries. I rarely use the engine or aux batteries at all either.
because if you sell them for more than a vendor, I will just go to the vendor.

Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
I've seen this stated more than once but I've seen no real compairson of the payouts and I've done no research so it will remain a rumor until I have some evidence in front of me that confirms it. In any event when I am in the middle of a fight and I need inventory space the replicator gets the stuff I can live without.
Absolutely not a rumor, replicators buy items for 40% of their value, the Ferengi on Spacedock pays 50%.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Its very likely. I just haven't done that research. If I remember to do it tonight I'll check it out.
I HAVE done the research, and that's why I said what I did.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
because if you sell them for more than a vendor, I will just go to the vendor.

So it just comes down to how badly I want to sell vs you wanting to buy and which of us wants to go back to the vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxguy View Post
I HAVE done the research, and that's why I said what I did.
Its still a rumor until I see numbers or see it for myself. You could say anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujin View Post
Absolutely not a rumor, replicators buy items for 40% of their value, the Ferengi on Spacedock pays 50%.

Cool verifiable numbers. Any idea what the Starfleet vendors pay out?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm rich (I've bought 8 tabs for my guild bank) here's how I got there

First I leveled hard to Admiral this makes it much easier to get a lot of money. Then I'm reselling items that I get from the defense missions... the weapon capacitors are selling for 50k (low level) to 250k (mk x) and the EPS flow regulators really vary alot but I've pulled 500k for a MK VIII ... thats how you make your money -

Goto a sector defense and then fill your ship up with good items (batterys and such are replicator trash)... you'll make good moneyt his way
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
I am in same boat and yes i looted any glowing yellow thing that drops in space combat so far i looted 6 things they are all resources i have killed maybe 200 ships i find the drop rate VERY low most missions nothing drops , i pick up any stuff from scanning, glowing boxes ect.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
So talking about replicators vs. vendors...do all vendors give the same credits for selling an item? It seemed that some vendors would give me more for an item than others, but I haven't confirmed that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbc View Post
So talking about replicators vs. vendors...do all vendors give the same credits for selling an item? It seemed that some vendors would give me more for an item than others, but I haven't confirmed that.
I've wondered that, myself, but haven't tried testing it out. I'm usually just selling things back to the same guy...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Great advice people !

Hopefully I can start raking in the money soon too .

I have to many stock items and need to upgrade