Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordellg2
That makes me feel better, I haven't even done player versus player yet and honestly I'm a bit hesitant because of some of the nasty posts that I've seen and how some people tend to take advantage of overpowering a weaker opponent..

Don't get me wrong, this is my very first MMRPG and I'm loving it. Despite some of the issues I'm having in certain solo missions, the rewards I get as a result far out weigh the issues I'm having. I just wish I had additional help in certain missions.
Jump in there.... work with the others... assist and you should be fine... understand that if you get assisted on you can put up a fight but its going to end up with you being blown to pieces... that how it goes... you need to be the one assisting and not being assisted on. Have fun..
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I just hit Commander last night on my main toon, and I was also in the OB/headstart crowd. I haven't been rushing to level, I'm not playing 15 to 20 hours a day like some I've heard about.

What's the point of rushing to hit the lvl cap?

According to the posts I've read here and there Cryptic is pushing for a target date of 45 days for the first major content upgrade after launch.
Also this MMO isn't like others out there being it's open ended, ie. no end game, which means as long as it stays popular STO could be around five years from now like EQ, Eve or Wow.
But I digress.

I do agree with what some of the other posters have stated...
Don't worry about leveling quickly, the levels will come as you play. There is no rush to hit the lvl cap...
I play the content missions to lvl, and the fleet battles for fun.

later
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Don't worry about levels, just play the game and have fun. Rushing to the end means you missed the fun of pvp at each level. You miss out on a lot of things...and you completely miss the point of the game. This isn't like other mmo's where all the real content is at the end (at least not yet), so just enjoy where you are!
i agree. i have played lots of mmo hours over the years. i learned to enjoy seeing the visual treats out there. now instead of ruching to the level cap, then going back to check out scenery that i missed cuz i have nothing else to do, i take it easy on the way up, since the level cap will be there for a long time to come, and i get to enjoy the experience with others.

however, there will likely always be those who see the level cap as a finish line, and want to get there first -whether in the game overall or amongst there buddies,,,.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korant74 View Post
i agree. i have played lots of mmo hours over the years. i learned to enjoy seeing the visual treats out there. now instead of ruching to the level cap, then going back to check out scenery that i missed cuz i have nothing else to do, i take it easy on the way up, since the level cap will be there for a long time to come, and i get to enjoy the experience with others.

however, there will likely always be those who see the level cap as a finish line, and want to get there first -whether in the game overall or amongst there buddies,,,.
Or maybe some of us just want to finish the game so we can go play something else til they add more content.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I get to play for a couple hours if I'm lucky at night but sometimes more on the weekends depending on family plans and I currently have 2 characters at commander 5 and probably going to start working on my tactical guy at the end of the week. The reason I level so fast is that I don't need to read the quest information the second time through and the game content is super easy. No challenge = fast leveling. One thing I would advise you to do is make sure that you have the best weaponry you can afford/loot on your ship and away team. Once I hit commander I was already fitted out for my tier 3 ship which makes the lower end missions super easy.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
How do we level so fast ?
Well we go sit under the experience tree and laugh about the rest of you doing missions. Oops was that a secret ?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
Or maybe some of us just want to finish the game so we can go play something else til they add more content.
And that is ok..so long as you don't then post on the foums about how there is nothing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
i am sure there are many reasons for people to rush to the level cap, just as there are many reasons for people not to.

cheers...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-10-2010, 02:18 PM
i just made captain, but i go do all the mission on my own to make it fun and a little harder. when you are with to many people it becomes too boring. IT's kill and run to another mission, you also lose out in a lot of loot. don't be trying to lvl to fast you miss out on the advanture of the game, the quest mission the higher the lvl the longer they take but that's fun. you also learn to use your skills and take advantage of your BOF skills and train them up i have 2 of each and they all have different skill . i have to tech for ground combat and 1 eng. and 1 science they are duel purpose but i can switch them around to use their different skill in space and ground combat.:p
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
In addition to standard storyline and side misssions I queue myself up for pvp all the time. I don't care if I get pulled out in the middle of a mission, pvp gives skill points, bof points, energy, and medal points. Also I enjoy pvp. I'm tired of playing against bots.