Lt. Commander
# 101
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barinor View Post
I tried your rev4 files and i'm still fubared. Fire phasers gives message "Gensendmessage <string> <string>"
the scanforclickes says "unknown command". I dont understand how if this is workjing for you, why it wont work for me. BTW i'm using a wired xbox360 gamepad
that it's a wired controller shouldn't have anything to do with it, BUT because it seems to be the only factor that's different I have to suspect it. Anyone else have success using the /bind files with a wired controller?
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Don't know what i'm doing wrong but can't get it to work with my wired 360 controller
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I got it to work for the most part with my wired 360 controller using the keybind files located in this message thread. Here are the changes I had to make:

1. I had to replace "(null)" with ""
2. I had to map joystick1 down to backward for ground combat.
3. For space combat I had to remap my face buttons for my BO skills. I think that's something that will be different for everyone.

It doesn't completely eliminate the need for the keyboard and mouse. I have issues like not being able to use the A button to pick up items when I'm in combat. It works fine outside combat. I still use the mouse for the map, hailing starfleet and accessing things through menus.

Overall the 360 controller isn't perfect but for combat it takes a lot of stress off my hands and wrists.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-10-2010, 01:36 PM
im running a wired 360 controller only thing thats doing my head in is the fact my ship slows right down when i turn (try and hover your mouse ofer the speed bar and see if your speed changes when you make slight stick inputs?) and it tries for a second to move up when i want to go down, really getting old, nobody else having this issue?

My speed will litterally drop to 0.40 if i hold the stick quarter the way, its fine if i move it fully just dosent like small inputs very frustrating mouse works fine!

wish i could get the left stick to work like the mouse does with both buttons held down!
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-10-2010, 01:48 PM
a quick update, the target next and target previous work fine in GROUND combat but still fail in space. Looks like until cryptic get the finger out and adds support we gonna need to put up with odd results.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Raymond, what's "button 4" in your /bind file mean? I mean, what button is that?
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
My speed will litterally drop to 0.40 if i hold the stick quarter the way, its fine if i move it fully just dosent like small inputs very frustrating mouse works fine!
I am getting the same error on my wireless controller. Have not been able to sort out why it's happening.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barinor View Post
a quick update, the target next and target previous work fine in GROUND combat but still fail in space. Looks like until cryptic get the finger out and adds support we gonna need to put up with odd results.
this may be due to the fact that most ground targets are in front of you. In space, they tend to be all around -- be sure you have "tab select targets that are off camera" activated in your menu options! (this one threw me for a while too)
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz09
Raymond, what's "button 4" in your /bind file mean? I mean, what button is that?
I believe that is IN on the RIGHT STICK.

I currently have it set to activate target chase camera in space (from free look) and crouch while on the ground. Explanations of the button layouts are in the initial post of this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Has anyone had problems getting the interactwindow command (for picking up items, etc) to work? It seems if the scan/loot prompts come up on the side of the screen (they usually come up on the side if you're in combat) rather than the center, pressing the interact button will bring the interact prompt to the center of the screen but then it won't work, in fact, you'll be stuck in place unless you jump or melee strike to get out of it or use the mouse to click it. I am using the A button to interact at the moment, I never seemed to have this problem when using the start button but I only did so briefly. I'll have to switch back to the start button when I get home for verifiable results, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or even has a solution for it.