Lt. Commander
# 1 Power settings?
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Do most of the Klingons use one of the standard power settings (ie: Offense/Defense/Speed/Equal) or do you use custom ones you made?
If so, if I might ask, what are you setting your power settings and what are your reasons behind them?
Feel free to post to me privately if you don't want it leaking out }
I am presently using one of the default settings but have been trying to play with some altered ettings trying to see if there is a more optimal configuration
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I use the standard in my cruiser, however for a BoP, theres no point in shielding so you might as well do 100 attack 50 engine, to make your escape easier.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm using the default offensive, except when I switch into a custom-made 100 aux 50 defensive.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
100 wep, 50 shield for me and I come out as most damage done and least deaths about 90% of the time.

50 shield regens twice as fast as 25 shield power, and 75 power is 3 times as fast which is what it jumps up to once i hit emergency power to shields II in addition to rotate shield frequency it increases my survivability quite a bit and I can outlast anyone in a 1 on 1 because of my combined heavy defense AND heavy offense stacked.

I can turn well enough already to bother putting energy into aux.

And 50 power to engines is crap anyway and barely increases your speed. If I want to escape, i hit full power to engines then pop evasive maneuvers ands till escape in a couple of seconds. Having that extra engine power at all times is a complete waste. Also since you're going to be spending a great deal of time moving at one quarter impulse power and turreting towards your enemies, you dont want to get closer to them any faster than you already do anyway.

Just grab a EPS flow for your engineer console to make your power levels switch faster so you can adapt more rapidly on the field of battle.