Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto targeting allies?
02-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I searched for this but the search function on this forum is pretty terrible (I am sure someone will do a proper search and make me look a fool) but I can't figure out why my main toon will use a helpful skill on a random ally near by without me selecting that person.

It started at the fleet action that happens around DS9, I was trying to use an engineering team on my own ship because I was at about 12% hull strength and when I would use it (while shooting an enemy) it would randomly select an NPC ship somewhere in range and heal it... even if it didn't need it. The end result is I got destroyed which isn't the end of the world, but it is annoying when it could have been prevented. I was able to use the skill two times and both times it selected a completely random target with no apparent priority for who gets MY healing power at the moment I use it.

The same thing is happening on the ground, I attempted to use a ground skill and it targeted an away team member, and spun me around 180 degrees which made me get flanked like mad so I could give a cooldown reduction to an away team member... even though I had JUST blown all of my skills and needed that reduction myself.

The only way I can use skills on myself when there is anybody remotely close is to right click my portrait or the ship model and then use the skill which is annoying mid fight.

Is this something I did? Did I change a setting somewhere or are helpful skills simply not intended to be used at my discretion?

I could see the use in an auto target system if the person receiving the buff was;

A) Someone I cared about (NPC ships that respawn continually?)
B) Not in need of it myself worse than anybody around me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Never mind...

"Assist target on attack"

I am just used to having aggro I guess and when I would use the engineering team on the "enemy" it was healing his target which at the moment... wasn't me.

So... thanks anyway