Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
I've noticed that whenever I open my power bars to the three-tier version (Normal-Ctrl-Alt) while in space, the portraits of my active Bridge Officers disappear.

Even when I go into the "Rearrange My HUD" screen, and move the three-tier bar far away from the portraits bar, the portraits bar still disappears when I open the three-tier bar once I'm back in the space game.

Personally, I prefer seeing my active Bridge Officers pictured -- not least because it ties the space and the ground aspects of the game together for me, since I see my officers at all points during play.

I know some players don't care much about the portraits in space but, by that definition, they don't care whether the portraits are there or not. but I would really like to see them, even after using a three-tier power bar becomes a gameplay necessity for me.

And while I've got your attention, would it possible to extend each of the blue power bars to show ten slots each in all three configurations? It would make me a happy man.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thanks for the fun game!

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 12:27 PM
+1 to this idea, totally agreed.

I'd be happy if the tray extended just to 9, so I can more easily bind something to keypad 9. As it stands, I can only use 1-8 (and CTRL-1 to CTRL-8, and ALT-1 to ALT-8) by dragging items to the tray. For everything else I need to go into the Key Binds menu or use the /bind console command.

But above all else, I definitely don't want to lose my bridge officer bar while using an extended tray. I like seeing them and their powers grouped by officer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Agreed' I like to have my BO skills down on their own bar, but I'm running out of room on my main bar.

I have recently taken all my weapons off the toolbar except my torpedos. The rest are either auto-fire or "Spacebar" fired so its ok but even with that I only have 2 empty spots and soon wont have enough for my next rank skill.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
FYI You can scroll through 10 sets of bars. Your tray is merely limited to displaying (max) 3 of them at a time.

Personally I would like to be able to display more than 3, but it's more important for each bar to have 9-10 slots instead of merely 8.