Lt. Commander
I've got a BO with two tier 2 (lieutenant) space skills.

like this:

ensign: Torpedo: High Yield 1
lieutenant: Cannon: Rapid Fire 1, Cannon: Scatter Volley 1
Lt Cmdr: Attack Pattern Omega 1
Commander: Dispersal Pattern Beta 3

I opened a ticket on this, and they told me this is working as intended, yet the tile for the skill in the skills interface is obviously wrong (both LT skills actually say rapid fire 1 even though one is not), and the extra lieutenant level skill prevents me from using the higher level skills because it takes up a slot on the tactical station.

How can this be working as intended? Has anyone else seen this happen?

I'm guessing nobody actually read my ticket and they just sent out a blanket response to tickets with similar wording.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
On going problem. Your BO is broken. Buy a new one. You'll never been reimbursed.
Lt. Commander
I had an engineer BO that had a similiar problem. I had maxed out Reroute power to shields. a skill I used often. So I started builing up one of the other Reroute Power skills that was lower in the list.

Next time I'm in battle and go to reroute power to shields lvl 9. I get reroute power to auxiliary lvl 1. No way to pick which of the two I want to use or mount. in the assignment screen I get that the higher one in the list cannot be used.

I had to promote up a new BO engineer and replace a skill with reroute power to shield, then use experience to build that up to lvl 9.

Never again, I will only put 1 Ground and 1 Space skill at each level on BO
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Are you sure this is a bug?

If Cryptic tells you it is intended, then maybe these are super rare officers with extra powers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Try using a BO with 5 ground powers. I've had things from BO falls below world to BO becomes uncontrollable and spams power to BO just flat out despawns.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I could see it being an uber BO with additional powers IF and only if the extra power didn't override the higher ranking power... it would have to be additional power, not an inferior substitute for a greater one.

In this case it's giving me cannon scatter volley 1 (a tier 2 skill) in place of a higher tier's skill. Not a favorable trade.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
It's a bug. As far as I can tell, it has to do with client-server communication mishaps when levelling up multiple officers in rapid succession.

Cross your fingers that the communication mishaps get fixed as they improve load capacity, and walk your officer out the airlock and pretend it didn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I've had this bug. I had Tractor Beam and wanted to replace it with Jam Sensors and ended up having both and not being able to use Jam Sensors.

To fix it I replaced Tractor Beam a second time with Jam Sensors and ended up with just the one Jam Sensors and I also didn't lose the points I'd already put into it.