Lt. Commander
First off, thanks to Cryptic for having the Kobayashi Maru scenario in game
Warping in to a deep space encounter and getting ganked by a fleet of warbirds? Fantastic!
Normally I would be royally ticked, but I've gotten used to it by now. No other game has this, as far as I know. But then again, with no death penalty I don't really mind. (captain, I'm detecting a concentration of sarcastic particles)

Besides it's as much a part of Trekdom as the "real" Picard maneuver (Stewart tugging at his shirt whenever he gets up from his chair).

So, my heavy cruiser was en route to x system, when I went to grab a cup of Lipton (eat it Picard). I came back and I see a Romulan warbird targeting my ship and on a head on collision. Damn you, Ensign Redshirt! It's a DSE, fun times.

I warp in, 1 second later, a barrage of disruptors rock my starboard shields. I get hit with viral matrix and see the familiar tractor beam from the D class. It's 2 D's and 3 Mogai's vs. my cruiser. Bring it on!

I gained new found respect for my bridge officers and their abilities, long story short. EPS, emer to shields/weapons, sci/eng teams, my officers kick ass! I know I'm not the first guy to beat the DSE spawning point ambush, but it was epic I barely won, hull was down to 9% or something at one point.

So, Spock, Kirk needed to cheat and I didn't. Kiss my shiny... dorsal phaser array! PS, Uhura cheated on you with the Russian whiz kid.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Made me laugh, glad some people are actually enjoying this game