Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Nothing wrong with Extend Shields, Face. It gives people a chance to live, compared with quick deaths at the hands of 5 Klingons.



Right now, the Full Impulse + Engine Battery + Evasive Manuverse + Ramming Speed Exploit needs to go in both PvP and PvE (those who seen it in action with the Crystal Entity knows all too well). It should only be activatable when under 33% Hull.

And for Viral Matrix, it shouldn't be nerfed, but there needs to be somekind of anti-hacking Science console that gives you a chance to resist it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Science vessel detection is fine IMO, about 7 or 8 times out of 10 i'm the one that initiates the attack on the Klingons when i'm on my fed toon as it pops them up to 11km away, it just takes an educated guess for when the initial attack is due and they'll be in range or for how long before they make it back after dying. Max power to Aux at the start of a battle + sensor scan gives that range, EPS consoles make it painless to switch to a saved attack setting once i've locked on.

It would be nice if it was a little better yes, but if it's increased much more it would probably become overpowered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
Science vessel detection is fine IMO, about 7 or 8 times out of 10 i'm the one that initiates the attack on the Klingons when i'm on my fed toon as it pops them up to 11km away,
[SARCASM]
You are obviously a bigfatliar! All the terribads insist that cloak is infallable. And if they can't do it, it can't be done!
[/SARCASM]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-10-2010, 05:50 PM
All really good points. I think you're calculating feedback pulse incorrectly in your made up math though. I seriously doubt it procs 4 times per 'fire.' I've never even been threatened with it in pvp and I've already maxed my Klingon character and am working on my fed. I might just need to find someone stacking deflectors.

Especially agree with RSP right now. In tier 5 PvP everyone has at least one, and many players have 2 or even up to 4 if they're using photonic officer. Space combat at that level has become a joke because you're just racing around to find who has RSP on cooldown.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-10-2010, 05:51 PM
[quote=Meat_Machine][quote=KabaalGen]Science vessel detection is fine IMO, about 7 or 8 times out of 10 i'm the one that initiates the attack on the Klingons when i'm on my fed toon as it pops them up to 11km away,
Quote:

[SARCASM]
You are obviously a bigfatliar! All the terribads insist that cloak is infallable. And if they can't do it, it can't be done!
[/SARCASM]
Oh look someone else shattered your reality of a non-OP cloak and you instantly defend it. Let me tell you, he's right and you've been wrong this entire time. I still haven't seen any screenshots of cloaked vessels beyond 10km.

He's completely right in terms of detection right now. It simply might as well not exist.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Oh look someone else shattered your reality of a non-OP cloak and you instantly defend it. Let me tell you, he's right and you've been wrong this entire time. I still haven't seen any screenshots of cloaked vessels beyond 10km.

He's completely right in terms of detection right now. It simply might as well not exist.
Who what? He's detecting people as far as 11km away... out of firing range. Did you even read it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Who what? He's detecting people as far as 11km away... out of firing range. Did you even read it?
I was referring to OP, not that guy. I don't think the person you quoted was telling the truth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
I was referring to OP, not that guy. I don't think the person you quoted was telling the truth.
If you don't have a science toon at T5 then i suggest you roll one to find out just exactly what it is you're blethering on about. If you already have one then shame on you for not experimenting and knowing its limitations yourself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Don't forget ground PVP. It could actually be a whole lot more fun if they did something to reduce the number of holds, and the effect of expose/exploit attacks in regards to players. It's clear that some of these mechanics were never designed with the player character in mind. (I've for one, never been or seen a player or bridge officer exposed or chain-held in Ground PVE)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Restrict people to using one gun so that people cant use a macro to expose, change gun and exploit instantly, with the press of 1 button.

edit - macros should be discouraged. they are becoming obligatory, as autofire had been removed from everything, so everyone now needs a macro keyboard. Once you have the keyboard you might as well set up more macros to do other stuff.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.