Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I fly a BoP I know what they offer and what their weaknesses are. The problem is not rapid fire, if you nerfed rapid fire you would once again hurt the Raptor/Fed Escort.

There are a number of fixes, one would include swapping "ideal" ranges between beams and cannons (which makes the most sense). This would hurt the Cruiser a little, but as it stands right now the cruiser is the best tank and DPSer for the Fed side, which is not what it is supposed to be. Another option would be to boost the turn rate of the Raptor/Fed Escort allowing them some parity with the BoP. The Hull/Shields of the Raptor/Fed Escort might use a little boost, but their job is to be DPSer, any fixes need to address the fact that they cannot currently do their job as well as other ships (BoP for Klinks and Cruiser for Feds).
cannons already have their damage decreased once they go past 5k in range while beams do not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
? why shoudl or woudl they want to make the raptor/fed escort turn faster and negate the Bops ability? There is nothing wrong with either ship. Feds escorts are not tanks so yes they die fast when they are focused fired just as the raptor and Bop do. since they increased the damage heavy cannons do but put in the global cool down near the end of beta I do not think they will weaken them again. Decreasign rapid cannon hurts all tac's who use cannons. not just those in Bops. Beams have overload which is one massive burts of damage much greater than a cannon can do.

Raptors are fine as dps ships. When the klingons get their teir 2 cusier the raptors will work well. Till then the issue is they do not mix well with Bop and are stuck as tanks which they are unsuited for.
When BoP's and Cruisers out DPS the ships that are supposed to be the DPS kings there is a problem. Escrots/Raptors are broken.

I never suggested giving them the same turn rate as a BoP. The turn rate on the Escort/Raptor is 16 the BoP is 22. There is plenty of room in there to bump the Escort/Raptor to 18 or so. I'd rather see them fix cannons, but since this will make BoP's more deadly as well I can see why it might not be an option.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
cannons already have their damage decreased once they go past 5k in range while beams do not.
That's the problem. Raptors and Escorts have narrow firing arcs due to being front heavy on weapons and are ideal for cannon use. But because they nerfed cannon ranges to 5K these ships that have a mediocre turning rate are now broken.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
When BoP's and Cruisers out DPS the ships that are supposed to be the DPS kings there is a problem. Escrots/Raptors are broken.

I never suggested giving them the same turn rate as a BoP. The turn rate on the Escort/Raptor is 16 the BoP is 22. There is plenty of room in there to bump the Escort/Raptor to 18 or so. I'd rather see them fix cannons, but since this will make BoP's more deadly as well I can see why it might not be an option.
Bops are dps ships if you are a tac flying them they are listed as escorts. So please stop thinking that only raptors are dps ship and bops are not. Cannons are not broken so why would they fix them. Raptors are not broken. A good raptor cpt wil out dps a Bop. The only issue with raptors is their survivablity when in a mixed group of raptores and bops at thier 2 once klingons get t2 crusier this issue goes away. Fed cruiser do high Dps but are the weakess hull/shield of fed ships just like klingons escorts this is why the fed escort is primary targets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
That's the problem. Raptors and Escorts have narrow firing arcs due to being front heavy on weapons and are ideal for cannon use. But because they nerfed cannon ranges to 5K these ships that have a mediocre turning rate are now broken.
I was nuked plenty of time from 10km and getting two-three shotted

Decloak -> Viral Matrix -> Rapid Fire -> High Yield -> Boom.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Thx for all the info guys, I opted for the BoP in the end, its more my playstyle , even though I've been locked out the game atm due to my pre-order not being deliver yet

Feds better get a rearview mirror :p, watch yah a$$e$ carebears
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 AM.