Lt. Commander
# 1 Galaxy Maps
02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I went into an area, and did a scan. It can back with the information that it found 2 unusual items.

My question is how do I found the items? Are they supposed to show up on the map or do I have to just fly around until I find them?
Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Try it again and watch carefully. There will be an indicator pointing the direction to the nearest anomaly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chassuer34
I went into an area, and did a scan. It can back with the information that it found 2 unusual items.

My question is how do I found the items? Are they supposed to show up on the map or do I have to just fly around until I find them?
Thanks
Its hard to see sometimes based on your camera angle and the lighting effect that is going on. Bright white will wash out any direction indication.

You should see a beam of light pointing the direction. As you get closer it will widen out to a more cone shape. When on ground missions for example the research bases - its hard to see the indicator as the floor, walls etc are all bright colors that match the color of the tircorder indicator.

Out in space, nebula's, suns, planets and other things can wash out your indicator as well.

What I hope Cryptic will add is when you scan from the map ground or space, whatever the scanners find it MARKS it on your map. Red bad guys, blue mission, green harvest items. This would promote an drive for better skills, equipment and other items that help with scanning more accurately and in a wider range.

Currently its a simple compass that locks on to harvest items, pickups, quest objectives - in any order. Watch out for broken anomalies, ones that you cannot find or pick up. Once the scanner starts pointing there it will not stop until you start a new mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Tried
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I turned my brightness down and still did not see anything. Do i see the directional light on the map or when i switch to the area view?

.... Updated... I found it. I was scanning while I was in the map view. I needed to do it when I was in the area 3d view and by hitting V for scan.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah thats one thing i really dont like. Cause its the future and you have all sorts of scanning devices so why not just put that on the map once you do an initial scan? I mean its not like they dont have the tech. Its just a pain in the neck.