Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
Why would they let the guy who created the fail that is HGL even touch a major MMO IP like STO? After reading your post and clearly thought out predictions, I'm very very grateful I did not buy a lifetime sub.
Just remember they are barely predictions if that. It's just my opinion the two games share very similar traits of failure.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Old news, move on...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
Why would they let the guy who created the fail that is HGL even touch a major MMO IP like STO? After reading your post and clearly thought out predictions, I'm very very grateful I did not buy a lifetime sub.

I like how your post isn't a flame, but quite logical and discouraging as I still hope for great things from this game.
Unfortunately, this is like the blind leading the blind.

Bill Roper has nothing to do with STO. Never has. He's the Director for Champions Online. So he's not even touching "a major MMO IP like STO".

His post is indeed a flame. Based on falsehoods and untruths. Designed to cause a disturbance and raise unrest in the community.

It's a shame that even in this day and age, people are too lazy to type out "google" before making wild claims or wholeheartedly agreeing with people before knowing anything about the subject.
Lt. Commander
# 24 mixed feelings
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Baroness

Bill Roper has nothing to do with STO. Never has. He's the Director for Champions Online. So he's not even touching "a major MMO IP like STO".

His post is indeed a flame. Based on falsehoods and untruths. Designed to cause a disturbance and raise unrest in the community.

It's a shame that even in this day and age, people are too lazy to type out "google" before making wild claims or wholeheartedly agreeing with people before knowing anything about the subject.
I guess that was naive on my part and after reading the other informed posts that Bill Roper has nothing to do with STO, that is reassuring. I just rely on forums for my info so hearing all of the feedback helps inform me even more, thanks guys.

There are mixed reviews around the internet which make me feel trepidation but I just have to hope for the best with STO. Single player Star Trek games are rare enough and I doubt another Star Trek MMO will come along for a decade or more if this game did fail. Like everyone else there are aspects of the game I would like to see improved but right now I am enjoying the game which is all that matters short term. I really am hoping STO goes from decent to epic over the coming months, indeed years.

I gave up my 60 RR Grace/Wrath spec WP from Warhammer Online and still feel the change was worth it short term. My concern is long term where I was expecting STO to at least give me game play full of win until Knights of the Old Republic comes out late 2011/2012. Being an even larger Star Wars fan this is a personal choice but if Star Trek Online proves to be full of win I probably will just subscribe to both. I think the key word for me right now concerning STO is "optimism". We have to keep our optimism that STO is going to deliver win for all dedicated fans.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Old news, move on...
As players hit the wall with less and less to do it's hardly old news. It's happening before our eyes.

Quote:

Please show me where in my original post I claimed bill roper worked on STO? Anywhere in the thread? Thought so...

Speaking of the blind you obviously didn't read the thread before posting. No wonder you had nothing intelligent to contribute.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
I'll refer you to the signature of one of the frequent CO posters, Aesirgard.

"A significant portion of all "discussions" on the internet bear a striking resemblance to being beaten savagely about the head by a baseball bat made of frozen stupid."

I don't think I've seen it put better.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
\Please show me where in my original post I claimed bill roper worked on STO? Anywhere in the thread? Thought so...

Speaking of the blind you obviously didn't read the thread before posting. No wonder you had nothing intelligent to contribute.
It's what you allude to. Putting out just enough of a carrot for people to grasp at it:

"Same guy who created HGL and lifetime subs then drove it into the ground now working for Cryptic? Check

HGL servers are now defunct and shut down, long before lifetime(founders) got their monies worth of support and play time. Will STO stuffer the same fate? Tune in next episode of....."

And then allowing those who assume to just carry on.

So sure, while you didn't directly say it, you most certainly alluded to it.

Follows the same stance of if a girl told you "Remember that night we.. well.. It wasn't a safe time for me.."

And then just letting you come to your own devices.

Google is your friend. It helps to know what you're talking about before getting stricken with a case of diarrhea of the mouth.

Try it next time.