Lt. Commander
# 1 Where the heck is that?
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
It would be nice if the missions would at least tell you what sector they're in. ie. "System Pavonis KZ Investigation"... I received this mission a while back, go to review it and it pretty much says "Discover Ship's Fate" as the description of the mission. I don't know where the ship is exactly... is it the Pavonis System, if so could you at least tell me the sector I'm supposed to be in? Hail StarFleet and I get yelled at by the admiral but he doesn't tell me where the heck the ship is neither nor does he tell me where to begin. Maybe even he doesn't know

This goes for pretty much every mission. If you leave mid-mission and come back the next and completely forget what you were doing you need more info than that. Give me a sector, a system name and a little description with at least the basics to remind me what I have to do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 01:06 AM
If you open your Logbook and go to the Episodes tab, you can click on the quest title there to see the original briefing, which should give you directions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 01:38 AM
I've yet to have much trouble once I figured out the general locations of the sectors.

It would be nice if they told you what sector block though
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 02:24 AM
if your struggling to find a system and what block it is in try this

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=7616&hl=zh-cn

It not brillinat but it list sectors and all systems in each sector
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruk_Namillus
If you open your Logbook and go to the Episodes tab, you can click on the quest title there to see the original briefing, which should give you directions.
Yeah that's what I thought but it doesn't it just says "Discover Missing Ships Fate"... it doesn't go into anymore detail. I think someone got a little lazy with description writing. I spent some time in the LOTA PAVONIS SECTOR block last night to see if I could find a ship or system that would match the mission but there was nothing to be found. Eventually I gave up and dropped the mission altogether hoping it would start over and I could figure out where it was that I was supposed to be going, but the mission was removed from the list of options.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illindorn
if your struggling to find a system and what block it is in try this

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=7616&hl=zh-cn

It not brillinat but it list sectors and all systems in each sector
Really cool map. gonna favorite it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnieves View Post
Yeah that's what I thought but it doesn't it just says "Discover Missing Ships Fate"... it doesn't go into anymore detail. I think someone got a little lazy with description writing. I spent some time in the LOTA PAVONIS SECTOR block last night to see if I could find a ship or system that would match the mission but there was nothing to be found. Eventually I gave up and dropped the mission altogether hoping it would start over and I could figure out where it was that I was supposed to be going, but the mission was removed from the list of options.
I am having this same issue. The episode description just reads "discover ships fate" and the quest is O-I 942. I have been asking around in game and have gotten nothing but snarky comments. I am about to just drop the quest because I have absolutely no idea where to go.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunes View Post
I am having this same issue. The episode description just reads "discover ships fate" and the quest is O-I 942. I have been asking around in game and have gotten nothing but snarky comments. I am about to just drop the quest because I have absolutely no idea where to go.
Yeah, I'd say just drop it. Glad I'm not the only crazy person around.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunes View Post
That is from an exploration mission. Since they are randomly generated by anomalies in the exploration zones, there is no set location for them. The good news is that to find the system again, all you have to do is go back to the exploration sector you got it from and fly around for a few seconds. You should then get a pop up that says "Continue System O-1942 Discover Ship's Fate" or something along those lines. Click it and it will return you to that instance.

Or, you could just drop the mission. You won't miss out on anything, because exploration missions aren't attached to any quest or story chain, and can be repeated as much as you like.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishathra View Post
That is from an exploration mission. Since they are randomly generated by anomalies in the exploration zones, there is no set location for them. The good news is that to find the system again, all you have to do is go back to the exploration sector you got it from and fly around for a few seconds. You should then get a pop up that says "Continue System O-1942 Discover Ship's Fate" or something along those lines. Click it and it will return you to that instance.

Or, you could just drop the mission. You won't miss out on anything, because exploration missions aren't attached to any quest or story chain, and can be repeated as much as you like.
This. Any mission that only gives you a one-liner for it's text is an exploration mission. They should also show up under the heading "Exploration" in your mission log. Simply return to the cluster and you'll have a low-priority option to continue (i.e. to the right of the screen). If you've forgotten which cluster to go to, you may drop it without any penalty.

As an exploration mission, I don't personally count it as a bug that you have to remember something. You can add a supplemental log to the quest if you're leaving the system and think you'll forget.