Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
It was out 10 years ago. I LOVED it. I spent like $175 in expansion packs etc. I still have the game. It went belly up in like 2001 and they said they would keep the servers up for years so people could keep playing even though there would be no support. That lasted 6 months.

I can still play it against the tutorial/ computer... But thatís it.

That game was great. It had real characters and real audio clips from the real shows. Because of that it really captured the Star Trek feel.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 03:24 AM
I really wish I could find a copy of that game. Even just to play against the computer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Seriously?

I didnt like that game at all....but i guess it was because i found the idea of figurines in space boring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hawk_Olivaw View Post
It
That game was great. It had real characters and real audio clips from the real shows. Because of that it really captured the Star Trek feel.

Just wait until you play Past Imperfect mission if you have yet to do so then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Maybe I'm thinking of a different game... I thought ConQuest was the PC version of the old ST:TNG CCG card game...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Oh man i loved that game!
I still have my copy with all my pieces carefully preserved on my HD and backups, to have a few offline games now and then with.

I had quite a collection in the end and i was in particular a fan of the borg pieces.
I had Locutus, Borg Queen, Cube 001, Enterprise A, Enterprise D, Picard, Deanna, Spock, apollo, and a whole dozen others.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Is there any chance I could get a copy of that game from someone? It's obviously not sold any longer...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 04:14 AM
wish i could still play this: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_Academy. i especially loved the FMV that was done for it
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3
Maybe I'm thinking of a different game... I thought ConQuest was the PC version of the old ST:TNG CCG card game...
The Star Trek CCG online game was designed by Decipher Inc and later Digital Deck made the online version.
Eventually DD sold the rights to World Apart and they got bought out by Sony Online.

Deciper hit finanical problems and didn't renew the licience and online TCG game closed down .

Worlds Apart later SoE Denver made Lord Of the Rings Online TCG which is due to close this year.

The old CCG game was a lot of fun back in the day
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Oh man i loved that game!
I still have my copy with all my pieces carefully preserved on my HD and backups, to have a few offline games now and then with.

I had quite a collection in the end and i was in particular a fan of the borg pieces.
I had Locutus, Borg Queen, Cube 001, Enterprise A, Enterprise D, Picard, Deanna, Spock, apollo, and a whole dozen others.
Dude me too!! And I have every piece ever made! I'm so proud of my preserved game even though I can only play it locally as a tutorial. I could send you screen shots of all my pieces! lol

I spent a lot of time but I got at least one of every piece ever made before the game went bankrupt!
Closed Thread