Lt. Commander
# 1 Galaxy Class Question
02-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Ok so I just made captain and I got the galaxy class ship, I wont go into its turning cause...well its big and it turns on a solar system but that makes sense.

My question is what do you suggest for weaponry? I use 5 Plasma arrays, a torpedo bay and a mine system and when I unload on a ship I notice my weapon energy drains really fast...duh. Do phasers drain less energy hence the lower dps or do they have the same affect on energy? Also should I just bite the bullet and go with 2 forward torpedo bays? Thing with that is if...ok when ships get along side they basically do nothing.

Yeah I know shame on me for rushing a bit and not really learning some mechanics but logically I would think with a larger ship comes a larger warp core thus more energy to sustain larger payloads.

What you all think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 01:55 AM
About the energy drain, get some (or better) EPS consoles. The cheapest way is to buy them for exploration badges from the vendor in Sol system shipyard. Keep in mind that EPS consoles wont prevent your weapon power from dropping when firing all your arrays (for example going down to low 60s from max weapon power), but will regenerate back to max fast enough, so you'll be able to fire continually without running out of power.

About the weapons loadout, I just got a Galaxy, so I'm using 6beams and a torpedo launcher, since I wanted to see if my power system can handle it. However, I'm considering to either add a second (aft) torpedo launcher, or switch one of the forward beam arrays for a dual bank.