Lt. Commander
# 1 STO BOT (I've seen it!)
02-11-2010, 03:35 AM
So like in any other Game STO has it's exploiters.
Some days ago I was in an open instance with an other guy and he was 100% behaving like a bot.
1) Not talking for 30 min (even when talked to for a dozen times)
2) never using full impulse while flying around the planet
3) never scanning for anomalies
4) used only disruptors as weapons which you don't have to time properly (like torpedos)
5) 3-4 lvl to high for the instance (so the bot wouldn't get hurt

I still remember his ingame name.
So what is the policy of STO? What to do?

just some more details:
1) he was in my Team. I told him many times how to use the full impulse via team channel. why?
2) because we were 2 guys in instance with one big planet in the middle and we had to fly more then 100 (million km or what is it?) and without full speed it takes several minutes.
the ships were many an powerfull so I couldn't go alone after them. I had to full impulse to the ships attack them and fly all the way back to this guy. he strted attacking them when they were near. he never made the "first contact"
3) ok anomalies are **** and this is irrelevant
4) it seemed he had no other weapon but dual disruptors
5) it was a patrol the system mission. we were 2 guys. he had no problems killing the ships and was very idle

so what would be evidence for a bot in your opponion?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Report it - if it is a bot they'll shut it down if it's a player, no harm done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 03:43 AM
I don't know. I occasionally minimize and ignore chat at times, and I have on a number of occasions just lazily floated around using phasers only. Typically when I'm reading something else or chatting on Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Absolutely nothing you have stated here could be construed as evidence of botting
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 03:45 AM
i dont see any indication for botting here, might be just a guy who did some lazy mob grinding with the mind numbing chat and whispers turned off ... i know i did that ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Omg I Am A Bot, I Didn't Realise :'(
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
i dont see any indication for botting here, might be just a guy who did some lazy mob grinding with the mind numbing chat and whispers turned off ... i know i did that ...
Seconded, I use the whitelist so if I don't know you and you aren't in my fleet I won't see a thing that you say to me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 03:47 AM
might not be a bot heres the reasons

1. no responce i dont like you
2. no full impulse "i'm not in a rush"
3. anomalies there crap any way
4. i like green death
5. quit your moaning for god sakes
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 03:47 AM
I dont think a bot would work well and II found this in a Bot forum that says everything:

Quote:
well its a fail by yourself.....
first : u NEED to take at last a little part.. even if its flying arround...
2: a bot for a game where u have to grind .. like L2 or wow .. ok
but here ??????????????????????????????????????
rofl
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 03:48 AM
There are plenty of legitimate reasons for the things you outlined.
1) Some people don't like to talk. I use a custom chat window 90% of the time without zone chat, because it's full of *******.
2) This one is probably the most odd, but maybe they don't know of Full Impulse or just prefer to fly around slowly (AFK while flying to next zone?)
3) I made it to Rear Admiral without scanning anomalies. After beta, I really didn't think they were worth the waste of inventory space.
4) Using multiple beam arrays and broad-siding can be very effective. Not everyone has to use torpedoes.
5) Could have over-levelled using Defense missions and come back to complete some old missions they missed.

It's not always a bot.
Closed Thread