Lt. Commander
# 331
02-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
this would indicate it is a crime...
Then call the police and report it and quit whining about it here. Man up for pete's sake.
Lt. Commander
# 332
02-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Cryptic you are allowing people to actively break the law
Breakin the law!
Lt. Commander
# 333
02-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersixnine View Post
Having cleared that ambiguous bit up and applying it to this situation, where as you are the legal owner of the monopoly money in the scenario you have presented, the Op isn't the legal owner of these virtual energy credits and thus this means your argument is irrelevant.

If a crime has been committed, a law/statute/piece of legislation, relevant to the OP's situation and not something fabricated in the real world, has to have been broken. Please provide evidence of what that actually is,where it can be found ( online, EULA, TOS etc ) and it's points that have to be proven to substantiate it. Then apply the OP's claim to it and then prove that a 'crime' ( by definition, not via personal morals) has been committed.
Do you have a car loan? You don't own the car, but you would press charges if stolen, not the bank.

Do you know what a "crime" really is? It is a socially harmful act as set out by some governing authority.

Do you know we are not talking about state/fed laws? Seriously, do you?

Yes, this is not a legally criminal act unless somehow a legal precedent is set. No one claimed it to be.

Please understand what criminal act is before commenting further.
Lt. Commander
# 334
02-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
Bad analogy. That money returns to the owern. If he stole my money from by monoploy box, that is criminal, regardless of how petty it is.
I meant you're playing a game of monopoly, you get up to go to the bathroom, and your friend takes half the money you'd acquired during the game.

At the end of the day the money goes back in the monopoly box, just like at the end of the day the energy credits stay on Cryptic's servers.
Lt. Commander
# 335
02-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
I meant you're playing a game of monopoly, you get up to go to the bathroom, and your friend takes half the money you'd acquired during the game.

At the end of the day the money goes back in the monopoly box, just like at the end of the day the energy credits stay on Cryptic's servers.
I know what you mean, and it's wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 336
02-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
We just had our first theft from the fleet vaults 553,059 energy credits

By

Edit: Removed, no naming and shaming please

just stole 553,059 energy credits and refuses to give it back...

please see screenshot

Edit: Removed, no naming and shaming please

Now Cryptic... I don't care about other mmos or if this is normal or not, this is theft, out and out theft.
I I have rasied a ticket regarding this and i have given you a screnshot here of the offender, I would like to see our money return that this individual removed and banned form this game...

I have posted a ticket and tried to contact a gm regarding this issue #645,176

I AM NOT PAYING FOR A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP TO HAVE MY FLEETS ITEMS STOLEN WHENEVER IM OFFLINE.. THIS IS THEFT AND YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE, YOU NEED TO FIX THE VAULT PERMISSIONS SO FLEET ADMIRALS CAN LOCK THE ENERGY FROM BEING STOLEN AND YOU NEED TO START RETURNING STOLEN ITEMS AND BANNING THE THIEVES...

THIS IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR I WILL....!

I expect an official reply to this thread, I would ask that others plz dont bog this threrad down with trolling comments, this is an out and out act of theft nothing more the theif needs to be held to acount...

I want to press charges !!!! I want to prosecute to the full extent of the law...lol

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
This is not the correct way to handle this, please do not name and shame on the forums. Since you are already in touch with support on this issue, i close this thread.
Closed Thread