Lt. Commander
# 71
02-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waremblem
You can hit the cap of WoW in that time if you really get at it. However at launch of even that game you would have said "so now what?"

I guess you could have soloed Molten Core, I THINK that was out..
I have to ask are all the people here talking about WoW forgetting bout Stratholme and Scholomance. Those were end game dungeons in AT LAUNCH (something STO doesn't have).
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexks View Post
I have to ask are all the people here talking about WoW forgetting bout Stratholme and Scholomance. Those were end game dungeons in AT LAUNCH (something STO doesn't have).
there are no "instances" in the style of classic dungeons to speak of ... its not just endgame ... well, none that dont feel generic anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-11-2010, 06:38 AM
People in every MMO will blast through levels and get to end game very quickly. The problem with this game is that it's not a minority of the server, its becoming a large portion of the player base. This will be a negative impact to STO and re occuring subscriptions. Once people hit end game they wont likely renew verse someone progessing through levels, unless they were stupid enough to buy a lifetime subscription .
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-11-2010, 06:44 AM
*points to a giant transwarp gate in federation space*

Hello? content?

If you had bothered to read developer posts and comments, you would have known that this was coming.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-11-2010, 06:53 AM
What amuses me is people think it is OK for STO to have been released without any end-game PvE content. They could have at least have given us one frickin 'raidisode.' Even WoW had one or two end-game 5-man dungeons to go to at release.
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
What amuses me is people think it is OK for STO to have been released without any end-game PvE content. They could have at least have given us one frickin 'raidisode.' Even WoW had one or two end-game 5-man dungeons to go to at release.
It's not about OK or not OK. Cryptic had to launch STO due to license restrictions - they got the licenses based on the premise that they could have a working game by a specific date. To meet the time restriction STO had to launch without the End-game. I'm sure Cryptic wished they had another few months. They could have made many more bug fixes, added in more Klingon material, and had much of the End-game in place, but it's not to be. Ultimately Cryptic had to do what it did to keep the license so that we had any type of STO game; and so they didn't lose the millions they already put into development. It's not a perfect solution but, as with every new MMO, we know there's much more content going to be coming out over the next few months, and even years. We just need a little patience for the first couple of months.