Lt. Commander
I have read a few threads recently where people were complaining about fleet recruiting going on in zone chat. Some fleets are a bit more zealous about it than others, and this has in turn led to complaints of spamming, and some fleet recruiters being reported for spamming.

Ultimately this is something that the community is going to have to address or it will continue to be a source of friction between players and fleets.

I wanted to try and start a discussion about different options for handling this issue, and what would work best in Star Trek Online. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the issue and what could or should be done about it.

Option 1: Leave it as is. Fleets who recruit in-game likely use zone chat to do it.

Option 2: Add a fleet recruiting chat channel, that fleets can use to periodically make recruiting announcements, and that players can use to find fleets.

Option 3: Add a "find a fleet" interface, where players can go search for fleets based on various attributes (time zone, focus, etc), see info about those fleets, and potentially contact officers of those fleets via mail or private comm.

There might be other options, these are just the ones I could think of. I would like to hear what everyone thinks, and how everyone feels about the issue in general.

Note: This is also posted inthe STO Discussion forum: Link here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=113486
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Thorne
I
Note: This is also posted inthe STO Discussion forum: Link here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=113486
Cross posting is a naughty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Cross posting is a naughty.
Perhaps, but there are two distinct populations between the two forums, and the issue has been covered in posts on both. I'm sure the mods will remove one if they feel it violates anything.
Closed Thread