Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Overpricing stuff in the auction house = Creating a reason for more damn gold sellers.
Agreed.

Would love to see a system where they cap the max selling price to X times the value of the item. X can be debated...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caplet
If being very rare gave better stats on the actually weapon, then I can justify a price tag in the millions. However, when it comes to weapons, the stats don't change based on rarity, only the bonus's.

Common: No Bonus
Uncommon: 1 Bonus
Rare: 2 Bonus's
Very Rare: 3 Bonus's

Each bonus can be 0.1 Accuracy, 2% Crit or +20 Crit Severity.

Question is, getting just 1 more bonus than a rare... is that worth spending millions on? Not only that, but it's just going to be upgraded anyways. And once it is upgraded, the person is stuck with it. Can't resell it or give it to an alt.
Orange text is the most important. mk X is better. Its up to you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 07:27 AM
MkVIII is high enough that people with big bucks would still be willing to pay for it for end game loot.

I have about 8m engy creds right now from playing the exchange so I'd say I have a good idea of value.

People ♥ Quantums
Its high level.
ITS VERY RARE.

If you want quick turn around do like 1.5 mil.

You could probably get 2.5m if you sat on it for a while but you risk the market getting crowded with comparable products.

Up to you, but I'd say 1.5-2.5m is a price it will actually SELL at.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 07:33 AM
i'd put it up for a million at least.
there is no death penalty, there is no repair costs, there is no ammo cost, there is no resource cost, there is no spell cost. There is no cost to buy specific thing you can't get through drops or quests.

The money in game is worth as much as the Zimbabwe dollar was before it was discontinued.

Until Cryptic start making us pay for essential stuff and make it kinda expensive, money holds no real value and you can change what you want.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylenium
Agreed.

Would love to see a system where they cap the max selling price to X times the value of the item. X can be debated...
X should be 2. There is no room for HC capitalism in federation.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2010, 08:08 AM
You people willing to charge millions for this sort of stuff are a bunch of ferengi :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunmurphy View Post
i'd put it up for a million at least.
there is no death penalty, there is no repair costs, there is no ammo cost, there is no resource cost, there is no spell cost. There is no cost to buy specific thing you can't get through drops or quests.

The money in game is worth as much as the Zimbabwe dollar was before it was discontinued.

Until Cryptic start making us pay for essential stuff and make it kinda expensive, money holds no real value and you can change what you want.
Well, because of the opinions of people like you Cryptic now is charging us 75k to change a ship's configuration inside the same class, instead of the up until now 5k.

For better or worse.. good job.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Overpricing stuff in the auction house = Creating a reason for more damn gold sellers.
This. I really wish the Failexchange would charge a percent of asking price for postings so people stop posting trash loot for 100x the vendor price.