Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
A faction war also requires more than two factions, otherwise one side tends to end up dominating. This stops being fun for a lot of people on the underdog side who then defect, making the other side even more dominant. Once you have three or more factions, then if one starts getting too far ahead the others usually gang up to pull them down.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
I dont think I agree with that...and frankly so what. As long as there are plenty of objctive systems, we'll be able to find a place to hunker down and hold...there will be places the Feds wont be strong. They cant and wont be everywhere all the time. Klingons will have to adapt to guerilla warfare...so be it, our ships are designed perfectly for it.

We may nothave an easy time taking Fed strong holds...but boy oh boy, Fed outposts beware, Fed stragglers beware, Fed supply lines beware. We'll be able to keep you guys hold up in your Fed Balls and Fed strongholds...but we will control the darkness, the unknown, the less travelled.

The Feds will send out shows of force, large Expedtionary forces...but thats ok too. We will see you coming and we will strike where it is not. Your governemnt will declare victory in the war while your convoys continue to fall to our Raiders, your colonies and outposts burn and smolder from our lightining strike incursions. We'll be the Mr. Charlie to your GI Joes...you'll make declarations...we'll make statements! Bring it on Feds!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Here is my idea, have a campaign, like the open beta event, every week with a space and ground component, initially something simple with a single buffing flag or such to try and control to buff your team or score points. The campaign would last for a week and at the end the winning side would get access to unique, powerful gear for x time or to an instance that after completing gets you said gear. Eventually Cryptic could implement a long-term war setup which would take the campaign scores from each week and then give rewards to the winning side and give a buff to the losing side to give the losers a chance to get back to winning.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantMoreKlingons View Post
Here is my idea, have a campaign, like the open beta event, every week with a space and ground component, initially something simple with a single buffing flag or such to try and control to buff your team or score points. The campaign would last for a week and at the end the winning side would get access to unique, powerful gear for x time or to an instance that after completing gets you said gear. Eventually Cryptic could implement a long-term war setup which would take the campaign scores from each week and then give rewards to the winning side and give a buff to the losing side to give the losers a chance to get back to winning.
Thats just a big version of what we already have as single PvP sessions.

Its a war "play date". It wont work..too many Feds, too little KDF. We dont have the option being forced into a pre-planned fight...we'll get massacred everytime.

We need vast, open sectors will multiple systems and even systems with multiple content areas...meaning lots of objectives all over.

We need those NPC freighters moving back and forth between systems to mean something. We need to have sector space be part of the strategic dynamic of sector control and asset utilization(bonuse/buffs, etc) by the holding faction.

If we have pre-planned squat-fest/King of the Hills, the Fed Ball will just nest on it like a mother hen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I for one would really like to see a persistent PvP game here. The instance version of PvP would be fine if we were all factions with loads of PvE content. But, we're not. The Klingons need PvP to grow in this game, and we are a faction. Thus, we need persistent PvP. Open style, or PotBS, it doesn't matter to me, just do it, please.