Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
*sighs longingly*

Oh Flurry server. It seems like a millennium since I frolicked about you in my starship.
Had the lil Zabrak on EU-Chima...something something spelling...era server.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knite
I was playing with the alien creator for my bridge crew tactical officer and one option triggered some thoughts and creativity and I decided to persue it the best I could. I'm sure it's nothing new, but I created a Na'vi (from Avatar) tactical officer and I think it turned out pretty well.

Has anyone else made a unique or "borrowed" alien race they thought turned out exceptionally well? If so, give a link!

Na'vi Tactical Officer 01

Na'vi Tactical Officer 02
I have to say very well done, nicely accurate on the face, shame there are no tails in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
Ive seen many Ava-tards in game since Beta. Not my cup of tea. However I applaud your accuracy in recreating Na'vi.
yeah i have seen my share of blue people that aren't andorian too but few if any had the accuracy of this one, comparitively speaking.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
Ha! I like it!

Here's another I made during beta. No real inspiration for it but I thought it was cool.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
How was i rude?

No different in being called a Trekkie.

Avatard DOES denote a fan of Avatar.
Apologies, VGer, that's kinda how I am seeing it. It's not too far from calling someone a ******, in my eyes. Tone is hard to detect in a written post. You probably meant well.

I tend to stay away from that kinda thing and would use something like..."Big-Earred-Blue fan" or "you crazy Avatar fans" or some such.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
Apologies, VGer, that's kinda how I am seeing it. It's not too far from calling someone a ******, in my eyes. Tone is hard to detect in a written post. You probably meant well.

I tend to stay away from that kinda thing and would use something like..."Big-Earred-Blue fan" or "you crazy Avatar fans" or some such.
Maybe "Avid-tar"? hur hur hur
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Not even seen the movie... But thought I'd give it a go just to see how far you can push the creator ;P

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7350/26589959.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I've seen some (okay, two) very nice Yoda (Star Wars) looking characters, although the limbs and body tend to be long, even if they make them short.

None of them talk "Yoda-speak" but one was unintentionally cracking me up during a PvP match when he was talking in ALL CAPS and telling me I was a "DUMB LIZARD" for not dueling him one-on-one. :p (I was a Gorn).

I've been on the "outnumbered" side before, but his frustration and the fact I could step back and laugh at being called "a dumb lizard" made me LOL and hard to fight him.

So, maybe a weapon humor is, yes? Mm-hmm. How you grow big eating this food?

Fozzy bear is my friend. :::Insert Yoda laugh here:::