Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehilator View Post
The same as with the Fed ships? Get more crew, toy around with hull/shields/turn rate, consoles and BO slots.
Outside of the consoles and BO slots (which are mirrors of each other), the ships are statistically identical to each other in the tier 5 slots, save for some minor crew differences, and the aberration which is the Luna. For some gawd awful reason, the Devs decided to make the Luna not only have less crew, but also to make it slower and slower turning. I think its a victim of the "It is big and unwieldy looking so it must be slow and slow turning" bias the Devs have, or else they just value tactical console and BOFF slots more than engineering that mucc. *shrug*

At anyrate, options are good, but imagine if there was a Raptor with one less Tactical Slot for Consoles and Boffs (it currently has 4 and 3, respectively, of each at tier 5) and instead had an extra engineering of both. Who would fly the original Raptor ever again? (actually, as a side note, the Raptor needs an extra non tactical console slot anyways- duh devs...really?)

Quote:
Concerning the Negh`Var and the three Engineering BOs, what is not to like considering how overpowered cruisers and defensive abilities are atm?
The Third Engineering BO slot is an Ensign, and just an Ensign. A second Ensign Science BO power would be much more useful and powerful than a third engineer ensign bo power. (And again, on a side note, the NeghVar is down two console slots -cmon devs..really?)
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Dear lord, I just realized something. This game could have rare drop ships.

That would be cruel.

This just never occurred to me before.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Dear lord, I just realized something. This game could have rare drop ships.

That would be cruel.

This just never occurred to me before.
Ooh......boy....
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
At anyrate, options are good, but imagine if there was a Raptor with one less Tactical Slot for Consoles and Boffs (it currently has 4 and 3, respectively, of each at tier 5) and instead had an extra engineering of both. Who would fly the original Raptor ever again? (actually, as a side note, the Raptor needs an extra non tactical console slot anyways- duh devs...really?)
That could be rectified by getting a new defense oriented skill for Tactical BOs, or by making Beam Overload and Beam Fire at Will not suck. It is part of the whole "Raptor problem" discussion, there are already two threads about it, so I think we should not continue the issue in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
The Third Engineering BO slot is an Ensign, and just an Ensign. A second Ensign Science BO power would be much more useful and powerful than a third engineer ensign bo power. (And again, on a side note, the NeghVar is down two console slots -cmon devs..really?)
Another Science slot would be OP. At least it would make the Vor`Cha OP (Science Team + Hazard Emitters + Tractor Beam? That would be just too cruel). I do not have the Neg`Vhar yet, I am not sure yet how much the reduced maneuverability reduces the effectiveness.

BO skill loadout: Engineering Team I, Emergency Power to Shields I, Emergency Power to Weapons I. Or another Emergency Power to Weapons for having the buff all the time instead of Emergency Power to Shields.

But this is going offtopic too
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Those are T5 ships. And yes, Klingons do need more ships at T5.

T6 ships would start at level 51, which is not a rank we can get to. 45 is the current max.