Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
Are badge bought weapons the best stuff in game at the moment or are random loot drops the better gear?
If you are specced for them, the new badge weapons are best, because they are all purple, giving more crit bonuses etc. Now that I think about it, why on Earth did Cryptic even put epics there? The normal badges give green stuff, why did they not just go for blue if they really want to have statistically better stuff? It's like they want to drive everyone to the "GIVE TEH EPIXX" grind before most of us could even have a full green equipment... and at the same time trying to pigeonhole everyone into one weapon type "Antiproton" which are most expensive to skill AND most people already having specialized for a different weapon type... so what goes?

Technically, if you are specced for Phasers, any WHITE MK X Phaser is far better than a PURPLE Antiproton gun! As I said, this is wrong on SO MANY LEVELS that I cannot even think of one thing that is right about it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephane
Technically, if you are specced for Phasers, any WHITE MK X Phaser is far better than a PURPLE Antiproton gun! As I said, this is wrong on SO MANY LEVELS that I cannot even think of one thing that is right about it.
I actually like that. People should be looting things that make them better (stat wise) not just because it is "epixx" purple.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
I actually like that. People should be looting things that make them better (stat wise) not just because it is "epixx" purple.
Well but if you are not specced for an energy type yet and choose Antiproton now, you will have the better weapons than the other 99% of players, not because they made a mistake, but only because Cryptic HAPPENED to hand out Antiproton purples without giving other weapon types of same quality, and all that at a point in the game where it is totally unneeded to give purples at all.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephane
Well but if you are not specced for an energy type yet and choose Antiproton now, you will have the better weapons than the other 99% of players, not because they made a mistake, but only because Cryptic HAPPENED to hand out Antiproton purples without giving other weapon types of same quality, and all that at a point in the game where it is totally unneeded to give purples at all.
Are photon torpedos missing at the lower level badge sellers as well?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd love to stick with simple Phasers for as long as possible, but it seems they're forcing me to use these fancy antiproton or polaron giblets instead
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
I'd love to stick with simple Phasers for as long as possible, but it seems they're forcing me to use these fancy antiproton or polaron giblets instead
Yeah, despite the game basically being set up to have Phasers and Photon Torpedoes totally viable at all times, they just refuse to give equal loot of these types...
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
This was like giving someone a present at christmas that they will never use. Great present in a big ole box until you unwrap it and see it's just some socks.