Lt. Commander
# 351
02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Awesome thread guys.

Short Term:
Want to, but can't write a response on every single issue in here - to be honest, we're trolling and spending our time tracking the issues down to get you fixes ASAP. The gold spamming, the fleet banks, the commodity missions, memory alpha issues - all those things we're trying to address as fast (and more importantly as smart) as we can.

Mid Term and Long Term:
I'm, right this instant, using this as one of the main threads to gather update suggestions from. Keep it coming, keep it coming.

-Zn
Lt. Commander
# 352
02-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc View Post
Awesome thread guys.

Short Term:
Want to, but can't write a response on every single issue in here - to be honest, we're trolling and spending our time tracking the issues down to get you fixes ASAP. The gold spamming, the fleet banks, the commodity missions, memory alpha issues - all those things we're trying to address as fast (and more importantly as smart) as we can.

Mid Term and Long Term:
I'm, right this instant, using this as one of the main threads to gather update suggestions from. Keep it coming, keep it coming.

-Zn
I know it might be asking for a bit more information than you can give, but can you give us a quick idea of some of the more "easily adressable" issues you've seen and will be getting to vs some of the more "difficult to work on" issues?

Cheers!
Curious_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 353
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Short: A new bug reporting system that will update and allow us to track bugs.

Mid: New pvp maps with objectives other than deathmatch, king of the hill, kill the man with the ball, CTF, etc

Long: Ability to modify lower tier ships to be upgraded to higher tiers (IE throw a ship into a t4 frame). Possibly make it a crafting ability.
Lt. Commander
# 354
02-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I have no proper Short/Long Term ideas, but I have one major "mid term" wish:

Mid Term:
PVP FLEET ACTIONS.
Yup. I always liked games like Joint Operations form Novalogic where people could jump right in and fight with other players towards a common goal.

Right now we have PvE Fleet Actions, I don't see how this system could not be expanded to include two or more competing Factions.
One could also call it an "Open Space Battleground".
Lt. Commander
# 355
02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Throwing some more in...

Short-Term:
Memory Alpha Crafting- With Romaine, we can buy most of the Mk II gear needed to experiment on, and upgrade with her. For the higher tiers, we have to rely on (unreliabe) drop rates, hope that they're even-numbered, and hope that they're not rares. If we want to buy them on the Exchange, then it usually runs us most of our cash.

It doesn't make sense to spend 250,000cr on a "common" Mk VI Plasma Beam Array that we can turn into a Rare item that won't sell for even half that on the market.

Mid-Term:
"Exemplar-ing"- If I team with a low-level group in my fleet, or head into a Fleet Action that's well below my level, I'd like the game to tone down my gear to the appropriate level for the group/zone. If it did this automatically for the Fleet Actions, it may aleviate the problems of griefers in their Defiants and Sovereigns flying in and winning top spot on all the Fleet Actions

Fleet Action Improvements- I'd like to see things other than "Damage Dealt" be the key to winning top spot in fleet actions. If other things are being calcualted, can you come out and tell us? Also, more Fleet Actions! You could turn the assault on the Romulan Shipyard into a gigantic Fleet Action, as an idea.
Lt. Commander
# 356
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
2nd post in thread but I'll try to keep to the OP's outline of "the rule of 3":

More Short-Term Items:

1. Make Exploration "points" at least show tiny planets or a solar system icon rather than being "blank" points with a tag.

2. Mouse over info on more of the Stats in UI screens. (Basically, just what does + 12 to x really do? for the beginners or even what makes that lower % Mark VII better than the higher % Mark IV armor in some cases) "Simple" mouse over... pop up info.

3. Memory Alpha Databank? Just a crazy idea but may be a good short-term goal. Use some of the empty rooms at MA to have a kind of "Map" Display that shows what you have unlocked and possibly a filter pointing you to where you can buy some of the vendor equipment to upgrade. I think it'd make the process a bit more understandable and just feel better overall. Earlier I stated making Data Samples stack higher too. Another possibility is to have a separate Data Sample bank slot available at MA.
Lt. Commander
# 357
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Here are my opinions, in order of preference.

Quote:
Short-term requests
These are small things that seem like they could maybe be done within a patch or two.
  1. Respec!
  2. More Ship Customization options (Hull, Saucer, etc)
  3. Fix of the Skill-Cap Issues
  4. Bug Fixes to current Content
  5. Additional Content in the form of Episodes and Raidisodes

Quote:
Mid-term requests
These are things which realistically would take a couple of months for the devs to do, given dev time, testing, balancing, and so on.
  1. New Races added to Character Select (Cardassians, Romulans, etc) that are free!
  2. New Complete Ship Designs (Excelsior, Nebula, etc)
  3. New Sectors (Comparable in size to the Borg Sector atleast, bigger the better.)
  4. Improvements to Crafting (Memory Alpha needs an Orbital Strike in all honesty.)
  5. Improvements to the Grouping System (Especially in regard to the Mission Scaling.)

Quote:
Long-term requests
These are "direction of the game" kind of things. Stuff that you want them to do over the next year or two of the game's development.
  1. New Playable Factions (Cardassian/Dominion, Romulan, etc)
  2. Improved PvE for all Factions (Especially the Klingons and any new Factions.)
  3. Improvement in the Genesis System
Lt. Commander
# 358
02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Short term.

While I do not play them much, Klingons need some decent repeatable PVE content.

Mid term.

resize the architecture. Its most noticeable on DS9, and Galaxy/Defiant/Intrepid Bridges.. You simply cannot have things that were bread and butter to ALL Star trek fans for 7 years apiece, and make them twice as big as they should have been. It is the only thing that has actually compleatly disheartened me about STO, because other than that I'm having a great time.

Long Term.

Non combat content skill point granting content..
some kind of large open pvp map, with far reaching consequences, possibly similar to Warhammer, where you push the front forwards and backwards.

Going to have to repeat as I see it as very Important, resize the architecture. Its most noticeable on DS9, and Galaxy/Defiant/Intrepid Bridges.. You simply cannot have things that were bread and butter to ALL Star trek fans for 7 years apiece, and make them twice as big as they should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 359
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Short term : More Klingon PvE content that actually is fun to do. (i.. episodic missions, etc.)

Mid term : More Klingon PvE content that actually is fun to do. (i.. episodic missions, etc.)

Long term : More Klingon PvE content that actually is fun to do. (i.. episodic missions, etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 360
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I have so many more than can be listed here. I posted them in my thread here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=95603

I'll try to put a few here.

Short term
- Please don't completely reset my ship controls when I get a new ship. Feel free to remove settings that no longer apply, but my skills are still my skills and have not changed, so please don't completely dump my UI and make me reset it every new ship.
- Please give us fleet emblems we can put on our ships.
- Please let us loot from much farther away. Some of us don't turn quickly and it's REALLY tedious to have to stop, turn around, go get it, find out it's yet another damn battery, and then have to turn around again. If it's within 10km we can transport it aboard, let us loot from within that range, please.
- Please make batteries stack much much higher (especially given how common they are) and let them auto-fill when they're in my devices slot. For example, if I have a stack that's not full in the devices slot and I get a battery, put it there before you take up inventory room. If you're going to load us down with batteries, at least make them convenient.

Medium term
- Please let us skip the tutorial, put is on Sol as Ensign 2, all the skill points we would have had if we'd done the tutorial. At the very least, if we've done it once, let us skip it.
- Please expand upon the home worlds (Andoria, Q'onos, Earth, etc), give us more to do there. Turn them into real social places.
- Please speed up the turn rates on the T4-T5 cruisers, they turn *WAY* too slow. They should have at least twice the turn rate they currently have.
- Please give us uniform "themes". I make my uniform exactly how I like it, with "rank" and "branch" areas, then flag it as "ship uniform". Every bridge officer, security, and other person I see on my ship is wearing this.
- Please expand the themes to give us multiple uniform types. I want "Dress Whites", "Arctic Survival", "Combat", etc. I want to set it once and everyone looks like me. I'll pay cash for these slots at the C-Store if need be, I don't mind. Just please don't make us to through the tailor every single time someone is promoted (to change rank) or we add a BOff.
- Please give us fleet emblems/patches/comm badges we can wear on our uniforms.
- Please give us a variety of melee weapons. Andorians have 3 ceremonial melee weapons, Vulcans have 2, every race has weapons they use. Please let us have them and use them well.

Long term
- Please give us some real exploration missions. The current Exploration missions are nothing but CoH "radio" missions, where we fly in a fluffy cloud, find hidden doors, and do canned missions that serve no purpose but xp. It's not "space", it's flying in cotton candy and grinding.
- Please add a lot more to bridges. Give me a ready room, for trophies and such. Make it a real social area.