Lt. Commander
# 1 @Jackalope
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Can we get any word or conformation as to having open PvP integrated before or at the 45 day patch. This is a real biggie and is desperately needed. If I wanted to run arena style matches all day for purple "epic" lewtz I would go play WoW.

All we are asking for is a yes or no as to the status of pvp content. Understand that open pvp does not mean more instanced matches, but what we had at the end of beta event. In fact, just re-do what you did then because that was a effing blast of a good time.

-Dom
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 10:59 AM
wondering this as well because I know you are a pvp fan jack and you've said that you would love to see this if it's possible.

I really think that if you guys impliment a real faction vs faction war it would solve the end-game content problem you're already experiencing and give players a hook to keep them playing for a long time instead of getting bored in a month and leaving.

Is it something we should hope for, soon, not soon, or never.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
He said before release and in a few dev interviews with different sites, that while he would like to do open pvp, it;s not on the tabel yet. there are bigger issues to work out and implement first.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
He said before release and in a few dev interviews with different sites, that while he would like to do open pvp, it;s not on the tabel yet. there are bigger issues to work out and implement first.
Nothing is more important for a pvp faction then having open pvp. Arena's do not count at all as they are repetitive and quite frankly boring. They have no meaning other than to kill the other side. Which is fun, but where is the persistence? Where is the war? When I look at the galaxy map and see all that blue and the small bit of red...I get the urge to make that red expand to cover the map.

WHERE IS THE WAR? WHERE IS THE OPEN PVP? Open pvp was promised last year during one of the interviews and for many pvpers thats why they are here. These arena's are getting old fast.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
They do need to give more love to the Klingon team or the Feds are going to find they have nobody to PvP against once these areas are actually opened.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Open PvP would go a long way to 'fixing' the Klingon faction. Why? Because it would give us our universe, the place we'd go to as a faction. Instances can still happen at systems and for individual battles, but we'd have our singular place to roam. As it is now, we have a sector block that serves as a 'walkway' from one instance to another. We pass Feds in sector space like the place is one big TV set, and the actors are taking a lunch break. The immersion is lacking. I sometimes feel it's like the Klingon Karnival and we're all flying round from one 'ride' to the next.

The Feds have their universe and it's a big one, filled with sector blocks of PvE content and roaming npc enemy fleets. Give us our due, Cryptic, as a faction. Even if it's only a single sector block of open PvP. Just give us our due.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Come one Jackalope...you know you wanna Open PvP...purposeful PvP...sector(s) wide combat areas...you 'members, 'member?!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
They do need to give more love to the Klingon team or the Feds are going to find they have nobody to PvP against once these areas are actually opened.
That is why they are introducing FvF. Face it guys, we are likely to get a small infuse of some PvE and maybe one or two more PvP maps That's what they seem to indicate in their update news.

I don't think it will work. I play Klingon because I like PvP (although its getting really really old now) most Klingon players are playing because they prefer PvP to PvE. As much as we need more PvE, It will do nothing to keep a lot of us interested.

Basically most of the players playing Klingon will give up if they don't do something drastic soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Please tell me you're talking about open PvP limited to specific areas that I could avoid, rather than throughout the entire game.

I know I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy PvP, and would quit the game in that case.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
Please tell me you're talking about open PvP limited to specific areas that I could avoid, rather than throughout the entire game.
Correct...but we do want a significant area. We need Sectors..some connected, some isolated...but we need swathes.