Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
DO you mean the "true nature" as it is held by the owners of the IP or the "true nature" as seen by the fans?

The fans are divided and Cryptic is following thier concept on how STO is suppossed to be, otherwise I like you post and agree with the majority of it.
By "true nature" I mean that Star Trek has such a vast history to back it up from TV to movies to books that Cryptic doesn't need to alter or add things that they shouldn't. Lets just hope they listen to the player base.

Give me a Hydran (or any race) raid dungeon or PvP zone objectives and I will be a happy camper!

/Salute
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadmare
By "true nature" I mean that Star Trek has such a vast history to back it up from TV to movies to books that Cryptic doesn't need to alter or add things that they shouldn't. Lets just hope they listen to the player base.

Give me a Hydran (or any race) raid dungeon or PvP zone objectives and I will be a happy camper!

/Salute
Ah, then I agree. Cryptic has a plethora of material to choose from for future expansions. I do expect that they will add thier own ideas as well to keep a persoanl touch to things though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
DO you mean the "true nature" as it is held by the owners of the IP or the "true nature" as seen by the fans?

The fans are divided and Cryptic is following thier concept on how STO is suppossed to be, otherwise I like you post and agree with the majority of it.
Indeed, which means that to be faithful to the "true nature" of Startrek is nearly impossible. The best Cryptic can do is to give the players options reflecting as many aspects of the IP as possible. They did that already if you think of it :

- Space and ground
- Feds and Klingons (OK, Klingons need A LOT of work, still they're here)
- War and exploration (OK, exploration needs A LOT of work, still it's here)

An example of something I'd like to see : a real stun setting and a disable ship skill would give the opportunity to the players to be the peace and love captain or tough war hero as they see fit.

Etc.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Indeed, which means that to be faithful to the "true nature" of Startrek is nearly impossible. The best Cryptic can do is to give the players options reflecting as many aspects of the IP as possible. They did that already if you think of it :

- Space and ground
- Feds and Klingons (OK, Klingons need A LOT of work, still they're here)

An example of something I'd like to see : a real stun setting and a disable ship skill would give the opportunity to the players to be the peace and love captain or tough war hero as they see fit.

Etc.
I have no arguement against this logic and I imagine Cryptic is working hard to bring it about. Sadly all things take time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
No. Its not.

War is nonexistent other than random deep space encounters and queing for PvP.

Exploration is nonexistent. Exploration means to explore. Not wondering around a small box of sector space playing mission lottery.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Good points. I would like Cryptic to redo the their frame work on how they present information for the player UI. Once a better framework is available then they have a place to add the extra content, mission details and try to up the interest level.

Examples:
Our maps suck and they rarely contains useful data.
Tricorders/scanning Amazing fountains of potential information gathered and it points a single arrow at best.

How many episodes they are holding a tricorder and then reply "Captain I think I found something..." With all of this data and star ship operations why is all the information scant at best?

The positive:
Communication, I know we all appreciate being able to phone in a mission completion vs having to walk, run, fly all the way back just to say "Hi, I finished it" Response: "Oh good did you pick that thing up while you were there? No? Ok new mission, go back and get that thing I mentioned and then come all the way BACK to tell me its done...."
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamelas
No. Its not.

War is nonexistent other than random deep space encounters and queing for PvP.

Exploration is nonexistent. Exploration means to explore. Not wondering around a small box of sector space playing mission lottery.
yep definatly needs more exploration less lets kill 5 groups of enemys. my biggest gripe is no one bloody talks in game there is hardly any team work. ust charge in kill 5 groups of enemys and bye bye. I really like the game but at times i really feel im just playing a single player game and thats how some people seem to be playing it. (why i dont know isnt half the enjoyment of playing a mmo to play with others make friends in a game etc) If it continues to be just a single player experince then whats the point of forking out everymonth. When you can easily buy a single player game and just play on your own.

Maybee after the first month or so when these silent individuals have got bored of blasting and cryptic give us somthing else to do the game will develope some personality.