Lt. Commander
# 1 Gaming Bits, GamePro Talk STO
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM
The folks at Gaming Bits interviewed Craig earlier this week, and Kyle Horner at GamePro put together a comprehensive STO launch report. Check them out.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
You should post some bad reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
Cant post it if theyre not giving it bad reviews. Oh and reported for trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 4 I have faith in you Cryptic.
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
They don't need to post bad reviews. It's enough to read the comments to the online reviews they are posting. The Hardcorians (a not-so new faction of MMO players) and some fanatic trekkies already bash the game enough anyway, while people who're pleased with what they have, are busy playing the game... when they can log-in that is.

Just read my signature to see which "camp" I belong in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Cant post it if theyre not giving it bad reviews. Oh and reported for trolling.
But there are poor reviews for the game, all you have to do is type in a google search for Star Trek Online Reviews and almost every review I read reports the game as mediocre to poor, but why would they post bad reviews on their forums, seems to defeat the purpose of posting reviews here. BTW you can't report someone for trolling because they want to see both sides of the coin.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
They don't need to post bad reviews. It's enough to read the comments to the online reviews they are posting. The Hardcorians (a not-so new faction of MMO players) and some fanatic trekkies already bash the game enough anyway, while people who're pleased with what they have, are busy playing the game... when they can log-in that is.

Just read my signature to see which "camp" I belong in.
You mean teh comments made by the same trolls that plague these boards? The same trolls that for some reason only known to them, they want everyone to conform to their way of thinking and nothing else? Ok...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwolonewulf View Post
But there are poor reviews for the game, all you have to do is type in a google search for Star Trek Online Reviews and almost every review I read reports the game as mediocre to poor, but why would they post bad reviews on their forums, seems to defeat the purpose of posting reviews here. BTW you can't report someone for trolling because they want to see both sides of the coin.
Those reviews are done by bloggers. Not actual legitimate media outlets. Nobody in their right mind listens to them. Theyre the same people that think whatever is posted on mmorpg.com is true and factual.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Those reviews are done by bloggers. Not actual legitimate media outlets. Nobody in their right mind listens to them. Theyre the same people that think whatever is posted on mmorpg.com is true and factual.
I am not going to post any websites on here, but the reviews I am speaking about are NOT from bloggers they are from as you say legitimate media outlets. Now do not get me wrong I enjoy the game I am just saying it would be fair to post both sides of the coin so people have a balanced view of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwolonewulf View Post
I am not going to post any websites on here, but the reviews I am speaking about are NOT from bloggers they are from as you say legitimate media outlets. Now do not get me wrong I enjoy the game I am just saying it would be fair to post both sides of the coin so people have a balanced view of the game.
I wouldn't waste your time explaining this. Intelligent and experienced MMO players know which sites offer comprehensive and balanced reviews of games and which ones are blatantly false to appease those who are paying advertising dollars to their website. It's sad that the poster you're talking with feels the need to resort to the same tactics he bemoans others for doing just to try and make his point. Oh the sweet tasty irony....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Putting engauge on the launcher is 'pure genius'? I guess intelligence is relative. :p