Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Just as the topic states.

Am I missing something, or is it a complete noob trap to put skill trees for other classes in with the "useful" ones? Why would my tactical character want to improve on Engi or Sci abilities?

I understand the skills at the top affects your bridge officers, but the three bottom skill trees seem to be class-specific.

Again, I could be missing something. I might not even be explaining this well. To be honest, I love the game play of STO, but find everything from character progression to the many forms of currency to be way too confusing. I don't want to have to do homework to understand the most basic of mechanics.

Anyhow - any sort of clarification would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Actually, most of the skills affect your BO abilities. There are a couple skill-branches that affect your captain's ground abilities, but that's it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
Actually, most of the skills affect your BO abilities. There are a couple skill-branches that affect your captain's ground abilities, but that's it.
Thanks. My way of thinking is that your first skill point always grants the most benefit, with diminishing returns after every subsequent point spent. Therefore, it makes the most sense to maximize my class-specific and combat abilities, while assigning a single point to each other ability.

Does that make sense?

I just want to make sure that every skill point I lay down can be used. Even if I put a point in an Engi or Sci ability for my Tactical Character, my BO's will still use them? Is there a way to put a skill point into something that I will never use?