Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Of all the short shafting that the Klingon faction has gotten this one seems to be annoying me the most. I know it is just a cosmetic thing, but I think that's why it bugs me the most. The Dev's said they "fixed" it, but the fix was half-arsed and seems to reflect the kind of attention most Klingon problems get. So who's pet targ do I have to kill to get my real bridge crew on my bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah, i saw that last night. I wa showing my friend my bridge and was warning him about the Fed crew on the bridge until I was cut short seeing Klingon uniforms...I got real happy, even happier when i saw the Gorn and was like," Hey, thats Talash!" Then I moused over the crew mate to see it was a science officer..."Heeeyyy...thats not Talash!"..."Who are all these other strange crew...geesh another non-Klingon on the ship...what am I...Greenpeace?!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Yeah, i saw that last night. I wa showing my friend my bridge and was warning him about the Fed crew on the bridge until I was cut short seeing Klingon uniforms...I got real happy, even happier when i saw the Gorn and was like," Hey, thats Talash!" Then I moused over the crew mate to see it was a science officer..."Heeeyyy...thats not Talash!"..."Who are all these other strange crew...geesh another non-Klingon on the ship...what am I...Greenpeace?!"
I've gone out of my way to make a purely Klingon crew, its cost me a lot of skill points and honor, but that's what I wanted. When I go onto my bridge I think only one of the random dudes is Klingon the rest are Gorn, Orion, Nausicans, etc... it's annoying since it should have been fixed with the last patch, but instead they just did a half-arsed job.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 02:56 PM
im so mad I spent BO points for 5 skill ticks for the Gorn before i remembered I wanted to swap him out. Now I just havent had the patience to spend the points for th 9 ticks he know has. But I might to it tonight...I have like 2000 BO skill points in surplus as I wait to get th last few progression point sto make COm(Im Lt Com 9.8)....and the Gorn is only a ensign with 1 tactical skill...but dadgum it, I rely on HYT I lvl 9.

His replacement is onboard and just waiting to be commissioned.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
im so mad I spent BO points for 5 skill ticks for the Gorn before i remembered I wanted to swap him out. Now I just havent had the patience to spend the points for th 9 ticks he know has. But I might to it tonight...I have like 2000 BO skill points in surplus as I wait to get th last few progression point sto make COm(Im Lt Com 9.8)....and the Gorn is only a ensign with 1 tactical skill...but dadgum it, I rely on HYT I lvl 9.

His replacement is onboard and just waiting to be commissioned.
I did some grinding in the nebulas so I had more Honor and BO skill points. I lost a bridge officer who had Aceton Field I in the LtC slot. Be warned the skill is still bugged (since beta) and if you put them in the Lt C seat of a ship they will not give up that position to anyone else. I had this officer summarily executed for insubordination. I lost all the honor and skill points spent on her though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Aww and I was looking forward to having boffs on bridge when they finally make joined trills work for kdf.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
um, its the same for federation bridges. you get random npcs on the consoles along with your officers
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
um, its the same for federation bridges. you get random npcs on the consoles along with your officers
For Klingons you get none of your officers. Everyone is random.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
For Feds, you can just play it off as a less senior shift...but we all know when Red Alert goes off, the senior BOs com eto bridge from whereever and whatever they were doing.

But for those of us looking to preserve our Klingon pride...these refugees of conquered lands are unimmersive.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
For Feds, you can just play it off as a less senior shift...but we all know when Red Alert goes off, the senior BOs com eto bridge from whereever and whatever they were doing.

But for those of us looking to preserve our Klingon pride...these refugees of conquered lands are unimmersive.
Well once you have enough BO's to fill all the console positions for the Fed's you always see your BO's, but no matter how many BO's you have as a Klingon you see random people. I'm Cmdr 9 and I have 8 BO's (I think) none of which appear on my bridge.