Lt. Commander
# 61
02-11-2010, 05:38 AM
as requested literally hundreds if not thousands of times PLEASE ROTATE THE TIME OF DAY FOR MAINTENANCE.

1: No I'm not USA bashing, being as that I myself am American
2: Not everyone works the same times of day
3: Not everyone has there days off during the weekends
4: Those located in the US that have simliar days off times and working times would feel EXACTLY the same if
downtime occured in the late morning / early afternoon

Cryptic it would BEHOUVE you to listen to your customers wishes, it simply looks bad if only one demographic is taken under consideration and downtime is only convenient for them (for the most part).

Downtime will always end up during someones playtime, but when it rotates atleast then everyone would, at least in MANY posters opinions (including my own), be fair and less "inconvenient"

P.S. @ Cryptic - on another note, besides this issue, I must say job well done so far
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-11-2010, 05:56 AM
People always complaining that the scheduled maintenance is not fair for them...move it to accommodate us not them....here is an idea...do something else on those occasions that the server is down. If you worked at a fast food place....I come in at 7pm and ask for breakfast foods....you state well breakfast is from 6am to 10 am....and I say 'Well that is not fair for me because I work during that time and you should accommodate everyone with your time table' ....it is the same thing. These guys go to WORK at certain times and therefor the maintenance is set for those times. When there is a problem, they get the 'Bat Signal' and have to rush in to fix it....to fix a GAME...instead of whatever they were doing with their personal time. They provide us with hours of enjoyment....I think the least we could do is provide them with a few lines of praise instead of constantly telling them they should adjust their lives by having to come in at odd hours to do maintenance because we want to make it fair to a different region every week. Here is a great idea...realize that 3am-5am PST is the normal scheduled maintenance time and find something else to do when they post it ahead of time ( even if they don't know what day or year it falls on ). The demand they they change their lives to make everyone happy is not only unreal but also rude and inconsiderate to not only the devs but also to their families.

ie...some examples....
I know it is 4 am but I need you to get a mechanic in here now to fix my car...you should accomodate me because this is when I can be here...

What do you mean I can't get a flight till 11 am ... I need to go now...change the schedules

Yeah this whole kids getting out of school thing at 3pm doesn't work for me cause I work till 5...let them stay longer because my schedule won't allow me home before then

...on a side note I have lived in a few different places and/or timezones and I realize your frustration...crap Thursday is my day off and they bring it down...but I am ok with that because, by my accounts, there is still about 22 hours left in the day to play past the downtime...barring emergencies and whatnot ...know that your frustration is understood but in truth, Resistance is Futile...you will be ASSIMILATED
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Seeing as we have patch notes I shall assume for now we will have a patch. Adding the start of borg space from looking at the notes.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOps
Maintenance is complete at this time.

However, we are experiencing issues with our account server. Details can be found in http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...16#post2039916

What this means is get logged and playing as fast as you can, or you might have to wait an extra 20 minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Guess I missed the boat. Thanks for making sense too.
Lt. Commander
# 65 Standalone Patch
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Are there, or any plans for, a stand alone patch which we could DL from a separate site and bypass the Launcher all together?
Lt. Commander
# 66 that explains
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Sunday, February 11th from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
that makes sense