Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Buck up, old chap. 45 days isn't up yet!
Like the first raid-i-sode was supposed to be out a "week after release" and now we're lucky to get it the first month? Yes, in that sense, 45 days aren't up yet.

Just to be clear, I liked the patch today. I would have liked it even more if it had contained some actual pve for klingons. Instead of more pve for feds.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I had suggested in beta that Cryptic consider holding back the Klingon faction until it was more complete, for PR purposes and to let them focus on finishing one faction at a time.

The Klingon players responded universally that they were happy to get the little that they were getting, and that the Klingon faction should not be held back.

Therefore, Cryptic actually DID listen to their testers. Their testers (the Klingon faction at the time) just happened to be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Honestly if they just put respecs in and increase the drops rates on worthwhile gear (not consoles that I can easily give from PvP) it'll be fine.

It'll still not be complete but itll be 'playable' by most casual players' definition.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
Honestly if they just put respecs in and increase the drops rates on worthwhile gear (not consoles that I can easily give from PvP) it'll be fine.

It'll still not be complete but itll be 'playable' by most casual players' definition.
No it wont, this game is crap. Unfortunately jumpgateevolution and black prophecy are taking a long time to release.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I had suggested in beta that Cryptic consider holding back the Klingon faction until it was more complete, for PR purposes and to let them focus on finishing one faction at a time.

The Klingon players responded universally that they were happy to get the little that they were getting, and that the Klingon faction should not be held back.

Therefore, Cryptic actually DID listen to their testers. Their testers (the Klingon faction at the time) just happened to be wrong.
I think you are giving a misleading image of the truth.

While it is true that klingons prefered that they were released rather than not released, we said so under the impression that klingon pve content would be coming, and soon. The now month-and-a-half dev comment stated that PVE klingon content was being worked on.

However, there's no denying that many, including myself, vocally defended the klingon faction being presend in the game at launch, and we knew it would go in as "less than federation" in terms of content.

What we're mad about now is that some of our content is bugged, and not yet fixed despite beta feedback. And we're concerned that despite promises for more pve content, federation players are getting it instead of us. I for one do not consider a completely void zone filled with ships to grind "explorer" missions at all, and frankly it barely qualifies as PVE. And I'm personally mad that despite announcements about raidisodes being available "one week after release", it has now been rephrased to mean "roughly a month".