Lt. Commander
Hello Feds and Klingons

I just had to initiate this Thread, as it seems so many dont play the game at its fullest. (meaning there is extreamy nice moments in STO to be enjoyed). The key is a teaming up and enjoying the fights playing as a team.

T1 - New players ohoy !

Tier1 will be the Tutorial for you. In T1 you will learn the basics and i hope you select some supportive skills like engineering team and science team to help your team when its needed. Also you can use these talents for yourself also. Remember to add all the players to your friend list that you enjoy to play with (or the players who are extreamly strong and experienced). When you play with experienced people, your learning curve in the game is shortened and teaming up also makes your team superior vs the enemy pugs. (pick up groups). ( remember to gather friends, even if Fleeted )

T2 - Are we there yet ?

Tier2 will be the next step and could be a lil abusive against new Klingon players, here we dont have Cruisers yet, basicly we are in a disadventage, Thus teaming up and playing as a team with everyone using supportive skills is a must if you want to win some games. Nothing so big in this tier. ( remember to gather friends, even if Fleeted )

T3 - Holy mama, a Cruiser !

Tier3, say hello to your lil friend, Klingon Cruiser in T3 is really nice, for tank/dps or just pure healer like i was. Tier3 was all around balanced and thus has the same rule as always, premade yourself and learn team work. ( remember to gather friends, even if Fleeted )

T4 - Sharp set fail...

Tier4, biggest sidenote is the turnrate of a Cruiser, not going to turn, nope, not turning. So 250 arc weapons or cannons 180 arc if i remember it correctly. 250 is most favored. Tier4 pugs are hurting bad, premades roll over them everytime. Thus here you see where all that experience will get you +Friends, do that premade, balance healing to all players so any of the players can momentarily support the hurting player(s).

T5 - Carriers !

Yep, its Carrier time, and some like it some dont. Mainly divides the teams to pure stealth teams and Carrier teams. Tactics change a bit and team work is its best in this tier, you need 100% from every player from dps and heals. every player has to contribute in both. ( remember to gather friends, even if Fleeted )

Imo there is too much crap in forums, this is the culmination of pleasure, teaming up, heating the weapons and battling the fight to the end and when its all done, i can promise you that it was fun, even if you lost.

/Bloodlance
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Wouldn't it be even better to have open pvp?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=112123
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePryde View Post
Wouldn't it be even better to have open pvp?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=112123
We have to play the game as it is now. We can hope for more, but reality is that atm to get most of STO is to team up and enjoy the PvP / PvE in team perspective and get enjoyment from the other players and the accomplishment feeling when defeating a hard opponent (pvp).

STO as solo is boring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
nice post blood

I am still dreading T5 with the carriers
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Sure thing. I to try to enjoy STO as much as there is and i'm having fun but making it more "open" at some point down the road certainly wouldn't be wrong either.

As far as it goes at present the system is very limited for PvP and there could be "more" in it for every faction.

I've made up some ideas that would free us from our boundries and walls. Because what you also said...playing as a team is fun. If we can expand this point even more for everyone...why not do it

I play as Fed but i wish for the klingons to have just the same possibilites
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Imo STO Devs should focus on providing TEAM content and boost TEAM efferts to enable rewards.

5 man Missions where you need to save the day
5 man encounters where you really need to play well as a team to win the big bad monster from deep space etc

When you have enuff of that, then you can add some 5man maps that require a win to kick the other team out and spawn a random low possibility boss with goons into the middle of the map.

Think about Cracked Planetoid and when other side win, lets say Feds and klingons are ported out, the map announces that the Guardian of the lost planet has arrived... and then the 5man Fed team has to defeat that boss. Also you can respawn, but the boss should have a 30min timer and when thats out the boss leaves or the map ends for the winning team.

some extra lil PvE content that gives bonus exp and a nice reward for one player.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 07:58 AM
And these encounters should be really hard.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey Bloody,

thanks for the nice thread, i hope new KDF-Members follow your basic hints