Lt. Commander
# 21
02-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosmith View Post
Please allow all weapons to be set to autofire at once.

Thank you.

All phaser/turret/cannon weapons should be able to be set to autofire. Having to mash the spacebar every second is not only difficult for a normal human with only two hands, but not fun.

Having all quick firing beam/pulse weapons to autofire will allow the player to focus on using all their other abilities rather than having to hammer spacebar endlessly. Its distracting.

The same goes for the ground weapon default attack, this should also be autofire.

If this isnt done in game, people will start using macro programs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anach View Post
All phaser/turret/cannon weapons should be able to be set to autofire. Having to mash the spacebar every second is not only difficult for a normal human with only two hands, but not fun.

Having all quick firing beam/pulse weapons to autofire will allow the player to focus on using all their other abilities rather than having to hammer spacebar endlessly. Its distracting.

The same goes for the ground weapon default attack, this should also be autofire.

If this isnt done in game, people will start using macro programs.
Acually I allready have been, sort of. I have a programable keyboard (Saitek Cyborg) and I use it to make a toggled auto fire for this game since Cryptic refuses to even consider making any type of workable auto fire system. I'm sure alot of other people are doing the same thing, or just using macros allready. By not addressing the situation with proper controlls for the game, Cryptic has indeed forced players to seek other means for a managable way to play thier game. Some of these include the macros they claim they did not want people to use in the first place out of fear that some would use them for farming.

Well it just goes to prove that by ignoring a problem long enough, you can and indeed do make it worse. I for one am tired of providing feedback only to be ignored. Why bother to post bug reports that get erased and go unanswered? It's like talking to a wall. They either don't care, don't understand, don't listen, are too lazy or refuse to reply so you don't even know which one it is.

So this is the last time I'll post the way they should have the weapon fire.

You turn on a weapon and it continues to fire untill - the target is dead, the target gets out of range, or you turn it off.

There it is...simple, effective, elegant. No more button mashing till your fingertips wear off. You push the fire button once for each enemy leaving you to manauver, use skills, wrestle with the idiotic camera view...whatever. Now you don't need to run out and buy a new keyboard just to play the game or use some macros that you might find other more dubious uses for.

The question is - Will they read this and respond?....probably not.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Agreed and /signed. This NEEDS to be implemented now. I got to lt. commander last night. Played with my new ship for 15 minutes and my thumb started hurting. This is simply unacceptable.

Does anyone know a good program to use for macroing? I just have a microsoft ergo keyboard, cant afford a fancy gaming one. If there is a program i can use to set up a repeating space bar macro or a trick Im unaware of I would appreciate being pointed to it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I received my T3 cruiser yesterday, and only just managed to take it out for a spin this morning and, well, it was a mixed bag experience for me. On the one hand bigger ship, more weapon options slots, and the higher grade Bridge officer slots area a huge bonus for making T3. However I am not happy about the way that auto fire works on the starships. For T1 and T2 having only 2 auto fire options makes sense, because realistically you're going to have 2 beam weapons, one fore and one aft, on your ship for those tiers. Once you hit T3 and you have the additional weapon slot for both fore and aft it adds a bit more variety for weapon choice, or if you're like me an option to add 2 more phaser arrays. The problem is that the game starts to become a button mashing fest because you can only have 2 weapons that can auto fire, and a possible 30 other commands to execute in space.

I can understand Cryptics viewpoint for not making all the weapons able to auto fire. You also really should not be able to place all weapons on auto fire, Torpedoes and Mines are prime examples of why this is so. However I still feel that auto firing needs to be fixed, and here's how I think it should be done. The number of auto firing slots that you can unlock should be related to your ingame rank. ie Ensign - Lt cmdr should have 2 auto fire options, Commanders 4, Captains 5, and Admirals 6 that you can use to best fit your playing style. It isn't complete auto fire all weapons, nor should it be. I would like to hear a Dev's response to this though.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm happy with manually firing my torpedos but I really would like to see auto fire on all my other weapons, trying to remember to fire my second set of phasers is just annoying, so much so that i'll probably end up with an extra set of torpedos on the front instead.

So yes to get autofire options for all weapons is a major thumbs up from me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwarmOfKlingons
Does anyone know a good program to use for macroing? I just have a microsoft ergo keyboard, cant afford a fancy gaming one. If there is a program i can use to set up a repeating space bar macro or a trick Im unaware of I would appreciate being pointed to it.
Did you ever hear the story about the guy who went to the police station and reported that someone broke into his house and stole some of the illegal plants he was growing and asked the police to come over and check it out?...That wasn't you now was it?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2010, 11:56 AM
autofire makes the game even easier. in one thread everybody is whining about it to be too easy, in the other thread you want autofire, wtf?

maybe they should also implement auto-follow and auto-warp-out-at-10%-hull-integrity.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer66 View Post
Did you ever hear the story about the guy who went to the police station and reported that someone broke into his house and stole some of the illegal plants he was growing and asked the police to come over and check it out?...That wasn't you now was it?
The devs have already stated that macroing with keyboards is allowed. As long as your macros are simple commands like repeating the space bar. What is not allowed are macros that automate the game while you are not at your computer such as a bot.

I am simply asking if anyone knows a program that will allow me to macro repeating space bar presses, as the basic microsoft software that works with my keyboard doesnt seem to work for this.

Also, I too prefer to fire torps/mines manually. But phasers MUST be autofire for the sake of our hands.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2010, 02:54 PM

/signed!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I used to be for full autofire, but I recently moved to about 50/50. When I got the heavy cruiser for my engineer, I noticed that my weapons power dropped pretty fast when I fired all 4 phaser arrays at the same time. I actually made one of my side mouse buttons my phaser button and it actually feels and works alot better than the spacebar.