Lt. Commander
# 1 Adapt or complain?
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
So there is one rule in pvp... Adapt or complain!

Feds not teaming up...
Klingons focusing on kills not capture points...
Pvp members feeding the winning team their deaths foolishly...
VM... RSP...

Plain fact: All of these are player problems... All are adaptable...

The problem: tons of distractions and cries for nerfing and change which draws the developers away from the real problems.

No pve on Klingon side = no high end population to pvp/feed the high tier Feds.
Broken pvp vendor system on Klingon side (ie no T4 shields)

I'm not just trying to be some kind of Klingon fan boy, in fact I wanted to play Feds. I just realized long ago that without a strong Klingon force, this game would be hollow for a large group of sto's player base.

Learn to adapt with the regular issues you have, focus more on the bugs and lacking content. Any of the hardcore pvp'ers will mostly agree that when done right on both sides, one hell of a good game can be found.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
+1 to this, and I play Federation.

In order to see if there are gameplay mechanics that need to be tweaked, the pre-requisite is that -evenly matched- opponents (in terms of player prowess/skill) meet each other regularly.

Until then, there is simply no reasonable Quality Assurance over mechanics complaints.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Plain fact: All of these are player problems... All are adaptable...
Except bug exploitations, which should be cryptic problems. There aren't very many of those
Quote:
No pve on Klingon side = no high end population to pvp/feed the high tier Feds.
Broken pvp vendor system on Klingon side (ie no T4 shields)
want me to buy you some tier 4 shields? I may just do it. Also, damn the waiting times are long in t5 compared to t4
Quote:
Learn to adapt with the regular issues you have, focus more on the bugs and lacking content. Any of the hardcore pvp'ers will mostly agree that when done right on both sides, one hell of a good game can be found.
objectively speaking, balance issues arise all the time, it just takes a discerning eye to figure out which ones are high priority, low priority, or otherwise full of crap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Absolutely ... In t4 I see 20 straight losses... Then finally find a good group with a grasp of tactics and we win 20 straight matches... I have no problem loosing or loosing hard... I'm a Klingon, were used to it right? I die to VM all the time, and I kill with it too... That's the pvp in this game... If it ain't broke don't fix it. It is fun more times then not. So why all the focus on fixxing something that isn't lacking while there are SO many other areas that need attention.