Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher patch
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Here is my situation. I am currently deployed to Iraq where I am paying thru the nose for a internet connection of 128k. I spent just over seven days downloading the game client. Now that it's installed I find I have another 10GB of patching to do taking up another week or more. My question is "Is there a link to download the necisary patches in a zip file format? Thus taking up less time I'm not playing the game?"
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 04:13 AM
7 views and no responses hmmm... I am guessing there are no other mirror sites from which to download the launcher update patch. *sigh looks like another week of downloading before I can play.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 04:21 AM
What letter does your FOB begin with? If you're close I can hook you up. I got the head start from a buddy who came back off leave. If you do get it going don't expect this game to run as smooth as WoW, though. With only one server this game lags bad during US peak hours, so it will be virtually impossible to play out here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm on the VBC in a little corner that shares the same name as a metal band. I have the client installed and it IS patching it's just taking forever with this limitted internet we have. And if as you say it will lag out at peak hours then I guess it's back to LoTRO or WoW. Thanks for the offer though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Wish you replied sooner, I posted from that exact area. Good luck with the loader. Are you using Jackal? They seem to be the quickest.