Lt. Commander
# 1 WAY too easy
02-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Exempting various bugs and glitches I've only come across a couple fights that actually took repetition to complete.

Please, when you get to the end game, stop it? Make something an actual challenge? Make it so I have to work with 19 other tards and make it so everyone has to actually know what they're doing.

I know a lot of people are going to immediatly say "try the PvP!" because that's automatically balanced to be a good challenge. But it's really not.

The reality of PvP involves two large groups clashing and one poor fellow in each group getting spanked, and spanked hard. As the tiers increase there is a little bit more wiggle room, and I'm hopeful for admiral (commander still at the moment) ... but so far it's nothing really worth while. I'm either winning by such a wide margin I can just go afk or losing by such a wide margin I can... just go afk. It's really pretty rare I join a match that's got an inbetween wherein I feel engaged.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryston View Post
Exempting various bugs and glitches I've only come across a couple fights that actually took repetition to complete.

Please, when you get to the end game, stop it? Make something an actual challenge? Make it so I have to work with 19 other tards and make it so everyone has to actually know what they're doing.

I know a lot of people are going to immediatly say "try the PvP!" because that's automatically balanced to be a good challenge. But it's really not.

The reality of PvP involves two large groups clashing and one poor fellow in each group getting spanked, and spanked hard. As the tiers increase there is a little bit more wiggle room, and I'm hopeful for admiral (commander still at the moment) ... but so far it's nothing really worth while. I'm either winning by such a wide margin I can just go afk or losing by such a wide margin I can... just go afk. It's really pretty rare I join a match that's got an inbetween wherein I feel engaged.

Havent had the feeling at all. Sure you have to move in groups, that is obvious. If one guy gets impatient and runs out alone and gets popped, then its his fault, not the game mechanic...LOL

Its called teamwork, something many of you players these days have forgotten.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalwulff View Post
Havent had the feeling at all. Sure you have to move in groups, that is obvious. If one guy gets impatient and runs out alone and gets popped, then its his fault, not the game mechanic...LOL

Its called teamwork, something many of you players these days have forgotten.
Hm, see the thing about a random que is... you either que with ppl that know how to work as a team, in which case the enemy probably didn't, and you roll them. Or you que with some retarded 4th graders who go into full impulse and then throttle back while they sit in your 'group' (if they even sit in the group) ... in which case nothing I do is going to change things.

Now if I do que with a team of pre-organized people to have some fun, I end up getting really long ques and then am matched against un-organized groups which we are probably going to just steam roll.

It's boring.

This is just space mind you, ground is even worse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Ground combat is so boring right now I have stopped doing normal quests altogether. I just cant do them anymore. The slowness and the repetitiveness drives me crazy. Also, I hate that I cant manoeuvre like normal shooter games. Instead they have this WoW-clone type of combat which is both cumbersome and non-intuitive.

I do space pvp now instead and im at Captain rank now. Will probably pvp my way to Admiral. Maybe a fleet fight ever now and then.