Lt. Commander
# 21
02-12-2010, 04:33 AM
not everyone can play 6 hours a day, 7 days a week. i do nothing but pvp since release and i made it to lt. commander3 (lvl 14?)
i got no idea where ppl pull that "cap level in 7 days" from.

and i dont think it has anything to do with contribution. i played 6 games last night, won all 6 and i was always top or 2nd dmg dealer on my side with something like 10/1 kill/death ratio. and i think 90 skillpoints was the most i have been seeing. cant say fore sure though because i wasnt watching. but when i logged off i was wondering why i didnt finish that actual level like i was expecting.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
the more damage you do the more points you get.

if you are support you gain less exp.
I don't believe that's entirely true. As I have been Not Tops in damage and tops in healing and earned 130...

And vice versa...

And when I was tops in both I got 160...

so *shrug*

Now it is a bummer that Sci Team doesn't give you healing credit but c'est la vie...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic_X View Post
not everyone can play 6 hours a day, 7 days a week. i do nothing but pvp since release and i made it to lt. commander3 (lvl 14?)
i got no idea where ppl pull that "cap level in 7 days" from.

and i dont think it has anything to do with contribution. i played 6 games last night, won all 6 and i was always top or 2nd dmg dealer on my side with something like 10/1 kill/death ratio. and i think 90 skillpoints was the most i have been seeing. cant say fore sure though because i wasnt watching. but when i logged off i was wondering why i didnt finish that actual level like i was expecting.
sorry if you played 6 games in a night your playing reaaaaaly slowly i normaly when im off work get through 40 or so depending on how long the games take u should be aiming for a grade per 3 hours
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Having to let feds kill me in space pvp to get 70 xp isnt really what i had in mind as fun and leveling method.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2010, 04:42 AM
ok, so it wasn't my imagination that I was getting much less reward per PvP match.

Not exactly fair for those that got the fast ride up, the rest of us have to work a lot harder to catch up
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Cant say for tier 3+ but i know tier 1 and 2 the exp nerf was a minimum reducton over over 50% so your not your not just imagining it.
As for contribute more comment i was number 2 twice in a row and i got the exact same amount as i did when i came in 4th place so isnt that making the skill points come in less amounts.
Makes me wonder if they nerfed the fed pvp exp or just the kdf cause so far seems to be just kdf seeing the change.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Guess I'll go back and see if Azure gives any better XP :-/
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Instead of fixing the utterly crap tastical pvp maps they are offering us like dogpoop on a spoon, they nerf pvp exp.

Hint: Not a recipe for success.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Instead of fixing the utterly crap tastical pvp maps they are offering us like dogpoop on a spoon, they nerf pvp exp.

Hint: Not a recipe for success.
And I wondered why I was leveling so slow.. Oh well, more T2 pwnage. And they forgot to fix Fed PvP daily missions, since we cannot complete the damn prerequisite and it was broken since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydog1 View Post
you allforget...its not the idea of a mmo to lvl up in 1 week to cap lvl...

thats just wrong...say thank you to all the 24/7 lvl grinders outthere
^^^

This. A thousand times - this.

Over the course of the last decade, the concept of time spent in MMOs went from playing it to speed running through it, taking every shortcut possible.

if you made the Admiral already...well, good job. Proud of you.