Lt. Commander
# 411
02-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Good job while I was sleeping guys

Now I know not to waste an Osol on my Yu if I ever find it.

I'll keep running it through other foods, but Yu may be the end of this breeding line since we've gone through all the 72% foods.
Lt. Commander
# 412 Tribbles!
02-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Today I found that, even Tribbles breed in this game. YES! I had just two or three and now I have 9 or 10 on them. LOL! so i posted this to the forum site. as i read people are breeding them

Shoot I just found out today that they "breed" in this game! LOL!
I gave all my ( Away Team ) members one and sat and thought... you know I'm getting sick of all this food I'm collecting and it was filling up my (I) Invent... So I decided to feed the away team a few times while on missions. Frankly... not sure if they got the food I gave them, or the Tribbles got it. As everyone had a Tribble.

And Yes I love the sounds they make on away missions.
Which I got these Tribbles from a low level encounter with Klingons. Days back!
Ok... so I pulled a few Tribbles out of the away team list and put them in the (I) with food in it, not thinking at the time, and came back... and BOOM, hey more Tribbles! WOW! Cool! A rare one too! So I find out.

Then I started thinking. OH C**P now what if I get over run with the suckers. Oh Gee's. So I then came here to read up on them, and to my surprise I find people on here studying them. This is very cool! So I just had to post this thread.

So if you see Tribbles getting tossed out the AIR LOCK on my ship for any reason soon. You'll know I'm over run with them... just like Kirk was. LOL! Now if I could just transport these onto a Klingon ship in battle I might have an advantage here. LOL!

U.S.S. Falcon.
Lt. Commander
Ok, I just updated my flow sheet to include buff types. It certainly creates and interesting picture now. http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblesheet1.png Once again, credit to IfniLuck for the original flow sheet idea.

This shows how odd it is that Griffis didn't appear to breed. Unless there was a very strange error in the mix, Griffis should have bred a triple resistance buffing Tribble. If anything, it should have been Daxter or Velasquez that didn't breed since there are two Type 5 damage varieties. Unless my theory that we are still missing a Type 4 end up being true, in which case who knows what we still have to find.

I spent another 750k just today on 72% food/drink to test with though, so I'm starting to hit the limits of how much brute force testing I can to by buying food/drink.

I also do have my spreadsheet updated, and I will get that uploaded soon with the most recent findings for those who want to use it to base testing off. I have also like I said gone through and tested to remove a lot of the inconsistencies, although several still remain.

In addition based off my flow sheet findings, I have demoted THO from Uncommon, to Common status, as the only report of it breeding a Rare turned out false after testing. This, as my sheet now shows, leaving TUF as the long Uncommon, and thoroughfare to all Rare varieties.

And no Mad Tom, I don't know if it's possible to trade the BB Rivera Tribble. I'd assume not, however if it turns out you can I'd be willing to put forth great effort to obtain one in order to complete my collection.
Lt. Commander
# 414
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
As I was editing my post before and you were already posting it might got lost:
I quickly put together your chart with colors (without the percentages, but it obviously makes my assumption of stripes and dots correct):
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9...rchyanidea.jpg

All kudos goes to you, Yargnit.
Lt. Commander
# 415
02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Can confirm that GRI is not supported by Romulan Ale (=SPA) or Quadtricical (= STL)
Lt. Commander
# 416
02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Yes, I 100% agree it looks like those two should go there. Which is why Griffis is so damned perplexing. We're either missing a food, or being screwed badly by a false report.

My plan was to add the pictures, I've just got a million plans, and not enough stupid monitors to do everything on. That + I'm so out of it ATM I can't even seen to properly screenshot my spreadsheet to upload. :\
Lt. Commander
# 417
02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Ok, my spreadsheet is updated again finally. Like I said, still a couple discrepancies, but I tried to work on them a bit last night;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblechart1.png

And once again, not a newer version, but just to get links in the same post, the flow chart;

http://www.yargnit.com/download/tribblesheet1.png

If anyone has theories on where we may be off with Griffis they would be most helpful.

Also any stock of 72% food/drink that you're not using for your own testing purposes feel free to send them my way, or to any of our other frequent testers. I'll personally pay you 25k for any 72%'s besides Romulan Ale/Mollusk you toss my way until we wrap up necessary testing with them. (Just let me know on forums or in game so I know to check my mail) The 50-100k I'm having to shell out per on the broker is really getting to me.
Lt. Commander
# 418
02-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Quick thought on timing while I'm working on updating the FAQs... the canonical tribble breeding rate is a litter of ten every 12 hours. That works out to one tribble every 50 minutes with litters of one, so if it's timed based, it may be something that is intended to work out similarly to a 50 minute average rate.
Lt. Commander
# 419
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't think it's a set breed rate, I think it's random. I logged on this morning and within 15 minutes I had a tribble breed... so unless it's based on an in-game timer that suspends while you're offline I don't think it's a set 50 minutes.

I'm running out of things to try with the Yu so either it's the end of the line or it needs to be combined with another tribble to breed the final line(s)..
Lt. Commander
# 420
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
I don't think it's a set breed rate, I think it's random. I logged on this morning and within 15 minutes I had a tribble breed... so unless it's based on an in-game timer that suspends while you're offline I don't think it's a set 50 minutes.

I'm running out of things to try with the Yu so either it's the end of the line or it needs to be combined with another tribble to breed the final line(s)..
Thats what I am thinking with the lvl6's as well. Either they are it, our you have to have them all together to breed a final Tribble.

Thats why I've really been focusing on trying to finish the lvl5's for the moment.