Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
as i said right now we actually got nerfed last patch... so thats how to fix population inbalance....
I didn't think of that, but, sadly, it makes sense...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
its not about that, the PvP exp is not in par with time invested in comparison to PvE nebula mission making or when compared to Federation PvE exp gains (SB24 etc farmable content) the PvP exp as Klingon is laughable in comparison to other sections of the game.

And you should not concern yourself with spelling, a person with brains can understand what he wrote. And this game is multinational etc so not all are fluent in English.
I guess that I am not as concerned about how fast I level as mush as how much fun I have at each level. Since there isn't much to look forward to after captain, there really isn't that much of a need to power level.

As for the spelling thing, it's just a nit-picky thing because I grew up speaking German, Spanish, French and English. I still do all my math in German. The red underlines on mis-spelled words is a lifesaver for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I guess that I am not as concerned about how fast I level as mush as how much fun I have at each level. Since there isn't much to look forward to after captain, there really isn't that much of a need to power level.

As for the spelling thing, it's just a nit-picky thing because I grew up speaking German, Spanish, French and English. I still do all my math in German. The red underlines on mis-spelled words is a lifesaver for me.
The main point is not about how fast you level, the main point is that the different aspects of the game should be in the same line, not that Feds get x2 more exp from PvE missions than we do etc.

Its unbalanced. And the PvE exp is x2 more then you get from PvP, so you see that it makes us think, WHY would feds gain so much faster exp then we do. Why are they able to chain Fleet missions and jump to next instance and arrive to a map (map limit 50) that needs 2 NPC kills to complete, thus giving you maximum exp from 2 kills and then its again time to instance jump to next map.

There is no logic.

I know that in the first 3 days, there was Fed players who were already Captain. So the PvE exp gain in Fed side was and is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Can understand the not caring about how fast you level as i am the same.
BUT
when pvp is the only real means to level up and they suddenly cut the skill point gain by over 50% making it over double the time to level and yet have the same exact pvp matches with the supposed kdf pve content slated for the 45 day out patch does make me wonder how the heck did this ever get implemented.
Yes this is effecting the amount of people playing the kdf as last night around 9m pst was 60 klingons queued for different pvp matches and some of those were probably multi-queued for different matches to so was probably even less and even seeing now some feds even complaining they cant get matches started due to fewer and fewer kdf queueing up period.
Also the fed side saw NO reduction of skill point gain from pve as they can get to max rank a heck of alot fastr then any kdf could.
Seeing isnt alot of yelling or complaining from the fed side about any pvp skill point award reductions makes me wonder if the reductions is just for the kdf.
This change needs to be reversed quickly as anyone wanting to just try out the kdf to see the differences will find out how much grinding is required to just reach tier 2 much less .
Just created a new kdf to see exactly how many matches to jsut get to tier 2 and not counting any of the pvp quest compeleted it wil ltake approximately 55 or more matches to just get to tier 2 now and that is extremely rediculous.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 07:07 AM
I only play a Klingon. I've been doing ground PvP since headstart and I've never had a problem with the XP gain.

I'm Cmdr 8 and I'm getting between 90 and 160 XP (I think I got a little over 200 once) for a 10min match. I can do 10 matches and gain a level. Yes, I have to score near the top on points/damage to get 160XP, but it's pretty easy to do that. I often come in first or second and the matches come sometimes be as short as 5 minutes. Taking Cryptic's 45 minute mission period, I'm pulling in 405 to 720 in 45 minutes. That's not bad in my opinion and I have a lot of fun doing the ground PVP.

I'm not a powerleveler, I'm a casual gamer (except on weekends).
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 07:24 AM
i play a fderation and kdf character and the problem Qurgh is that suddenly with the latest patch the skill point gain is suddenly way less for the kdf faction.Meanwhile the skill point gain for the federation player has not changed and they always could level faster then a kdf player in the same amount of time so makes no sense to punish just one faction with a skill point gain nerf and leave the other alone and the one left alone is the faster gainer.
I just do not want to see the kdf side implode due to this as any new player if they join right now will give up or burn out due to the sheer amount of grinding needed now as a newly created kdf player not counting any pvp missions completed will need over 55 matches to just go from lt 6 to lt cmdr 1.
Thats IF they can get matches to start as even fed players have been saying how hard it is to get pvp matches to start due to fewer and fewer kdf players queueing up.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 08:37 AM
I haven't seen anything in any notes saying that exp got nerfed. When I leveled my Klingon to 45 I thought it was horribly slow compared to beta. I remember getting 75 exp per match so I don't think it's nerfed since release at all.

It's a grind, definitely.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
They have to nerf or every klingon will be 45 before the free month is up. My posts are getting more bitter by the hour today, I'm Lt.10 and bored ****less. T1 is so klingon biased the lack of challenge is killing me
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2010, 08:52 AM
The fed side is just to fast. I'm almost a T5 Klingon and I don't power level. At least in the pvp q's at T4 the Feds rule 40:1.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Was it just skill points that were lowered, or all the rewards for doing PvP? I admit I don't look very closely at the numbers; it seemed like leveling was taking longer post-patch but I wasn't sure if it was just me or an actual change in the game.

Also, it's kind of infuriating that this wasn't listed in the patch notes. Isn't that what they're there for?