Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Man just stop. The fact that none of you guys even has the shred of decency to not make these justifying posts about bug exploiting is pretty clear where your heads are at. I guess that's why they are all in carriers, naturally.

There's a very simple fix - any item or buff that comes from an equipped item, needs to drop or despawn whenever that equipment is removed.
You even used a carrier?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Man just stop. The fact that none of you guys even has the shred of decency to not make these justifying posts about bug exploiting is pretty clear where your heads are at. I guess that's why they are all in carriers, naturally.

There's a very simple fix - any item or buff that comes from an equipped item, needs to drop or despawn whenever that equipment is removed.
I'm sorry; I didn't realize you were the final word on exploits.

Carrier mechanics have been the same since they were introduced, there have been numerous patches and dev posts, yet none have mentioned or change the fact that carriers can launch their pets out of combat. Why is that?

If you want to champion the need for mechanics to be changed, thatís your business, but donít label everyone an exploiter.

I'd prefer to give the Feds a carrier of there own, with a little thought and a small degree of teamwork, the carrier ball is ineffective and easily destroyed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post

I'd prefer to give the Feds a carrier of there own, with a little thought and a small degree of teamwork, the carrier ball is ineffective and easily destroyed.
Too much work for them , considering their main champion for change has macro'd the rest of the game.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
I'm sorry; I didn't realize you were the final word on exploits.

Carrier mechanics have been the same since they were introduced,.
Yeah, yeah. Let's just hope these obvious exploits get fixed before the devs nerf carriers. Cryptic has a bad habit of waking up from sleeping on the keyboard, seeing the first post that hits their eye and nerfing things rather than fixing the underlying issue.

You can quit with the extremely lame and insincere attempts at defending exploiting. If you were meant to summon all the pets, obviously there would be no different types of equippables. If engineers were meant to summon a turret I II and III, and if bops were meant to be able to swap in 4 different boffs to get 4 different buffs, they would have those slots too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedgreek View Post
So whats the deal with klingon carrier spawning drones/fighters/power siphons all in one go?
Look at the Teddy

.

.

.

Look at the Teddy

.

.

.

Teddy wants a warm home .........
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine

You can quit with the extremely lame and insincere attempts at defending exploiting. If you were meant to summon all the pets, obviously there would be no different types of equippables.
Usually you come with more than just your opinion, I guess I've set the bar for you too high.

In either case, the only change Cryptic has made is lengthen the cooldowns to 1 min (yesterday's patch). A carrier caught after a respawn without all its pets out is DOA. If Cryptic changes the mechanics to only 1 pet type even out of combat, they will lose the little utility they have.

Between no pet contols, the Bop's low speed (can't keep up with the Carrier on minimum engine power), shield bots that only serve to protect the carrier from ramming and siphons that die with one beam shot.

If you can only have 1 type and Fighers are clearly superior in every possible way, why did Cryptic bother with the other 3?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Usually you come with more than just your opinion, I guess I've set the bar for you too high.

In either case, the only change Cryptic has made is lengthen the cooldowns to 1 min (yesterday's patch). A carrier caught after a respawn without all its pets out is DOA. If Cryptic changes the mechanics to only 1 pet type even out of combat, they will lose the little utility they have.

Between no pet contols, the Bop's low speed (can't keep up with the Carrier on minimum engine power), shield bots that only serve to protect the carrier from ramming and siphons that die with one beam shot.

If you can only have 1 type and Fighers are clearly superior in every possible way, why did Cryptic bother with the other 3?
Because carriers weren't tested -at all-. They are guaranteed to be utterly broken, as are so many other things in this wonderful game.

My concern is that I don't want them to nerf carriers due to cries from feds, over an exploit.

Truth is, carriers appeared in beta to me to be underpowered sci ships with (at the time) absurdly powerful pets. Now the pets are weak. If you 'sploit the swap gear bug, it's not obvious how weak the ship is and it'll get nerfed rather than actually fixed.

The pets appear to scale with whatever magic knob they turn to make npcs tougher and weaker. They are (or were) in fact NPCs - they even dropped loot at one point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The pets appear to scale with whatever magic knob they turn to make npcs tougher and weaker. They are (or were) in fact NPCs - they even dropped loot at one point.
they STILL DO, i got a quantum torp mk 9 of one of them. people playing cariers legit are going to be extremely upset when they get nerfed because people exploit with them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
they STILL DO, i got a quantum torp mk 9 of one of them. people playing cariers legit are going to be extremely upset when they get nerfed because people exploit with them.
/facepalm

I wonder where those bug reports went?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDFTigerTank View Post
I've never seen Klingons "burrow" into the asteroids and space stations in Salvage Op and go untargetabl. I see feds do it almost every game.- oh and yes they can shoot at you and totally prevent a point cap this way.

Hence why I tend to stay the **** away from salvage op games.
Ive seen players(so far only Feds, but Im sure KDF does it too) do this on ground PvP also. They sit in a door seal and become untargetable while shooting at us.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 PM.