Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius_Raeder
On another note, the Devs HAVE announced that there will be a bunch of klingon content in the first 'major' patch that is apparently due out in @a months time. I know, I know, a month may seem like forever to the ADHD MMO crowd but it will come faster than you think and the Klingons SHOULD be a much more satisfying gaming experience.
It is kind of funny that the patch with all this promised amazing post-release content is set to come in 15 days after the first free month expires.

Coincidence? I rather doubt it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-12-2010, 09:16 AM
I quit after 5 days.

There's nothing to do.

I can either grind Romulan NPCs or do the same 2 PvP arenas over and over and over and over and over....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
you're ranks will increase by 1 at least in a couple months...... I'm playing fed now till admiral, by then Klinks will have more content..........



Then my GORN will be born.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
It is kind of funny that the patch with all this promised amazing post-release content is set to come in 15 days after the first free month expires.

Coincidence? I rather doubt it.
Well, they'd be foolish to release it prior to that. I certainly wouldn't!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Most of the time pvp is fun. It is not even remotely close to the bf2, wow, cod/mw pvp experience. The pve story and feel is lacking...

This shows 2 things...

Hope & Dispair... Good god cryptic, so close yet so far away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Well, they'd be foolish to release it prior to that. I certainly wouldn't!
They'd be foolish not too, everyone will have canceled by then. PVP population has already fallen off a cliff. It's going to be a ghost town on day 31.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
They'd be foolish not too, everyone will have canceled by then. PVP population has already fallen off a cliff. It's going to be a ghost town on day 31.
Honestly, It would be a very bad move to release the update before the free month. The content was announced to keep players past the free period and into the first paid month. This game seems to be designed around getting as many sales as possible and lifetime subs to cover all of development and most of the profits, anyone who pays the monthly is just the cherry on top. If they were to release the new content any earlier, These would be the scenarios:

1) Content works, but gets beat in 1-2 days and everyone once again has beat 45+ days of development in 2 day. Mass exodus of the endgame/hardcore players.
2) Content is buggy, Mass exodus due to frustration of Cryptic's incompetence. (btw there was no internal testing for the latest "content", this is very obvious)
3) Content works, is imbalanced and unbeatable. At this point they may keep many of the hardcore players who want to stay till they beat it, at least for the first paid month. Someone runs the numbers and find that this was just a brick wall Cryptic added to halt advancement. Mass exodus of frustrated players or casuals who don't want to slam head into said wall.

This may all happen when they do release it but if they wait 15 days AFTER the free period, they gain hundreds of thousands of subscriptions for 1 month month at the very least. This can equate to millions in profit. They are the Ferengi of today.

All in all, the majority of players who will stay for any longer period of time will be the lifetimers who play casually because they paid for a "lifetime" to do it and the month subs who like to take it "slow" and "enjoy" the "content" all the way to 45 (still really takes under 3 days played even if it your first MMO).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Top level content only will not solve the problem - people will still have to grind PvP to get to top level - and who actually loves to do that for 40+ levels?

Sure the Generals will have use for it (I am one), but the rest? Do you see a new level 5 Klingon going all pink and fluffy with joy that there is some meager level 45 content for him to do? Or do you see him depressed after the 5th Kahless run as PvP experience is nerfed?

The faction cannot and will not survive on Generals alone, since there is really no incentive to reach the final rank. Feds have so many options to level (at least on paper, in reality they are all Kill x amount of something), plus crafting, plus story, plus more diverse areas to explore that there is really ZERO point in playing a Klingon once FvF comes in the 45 day patch.

But that may be the plan - Cryptic has invested nothing in the Klingons (as evidenced by this week's content patch), and will continue to invest only minimal resources after it polishes the REAL game - Fed side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrin
Top level content only will not solve the problem - people will still have to grind PvP to get to top level - and who actually loves to do that for 40+ levels?

Sure the Generals will have use for it (I am one), but the rest? Do you see a new level 5 Klingon going all pink and fluffy with joy that there is some meager level 45 content for him to do? Or do you see him depressed after the 5th Kahless run as PvP experience is nerfed?

The faction cannot and will not survive on Generals alone, since there is really no incentive to reach the final rank. Feds have so many options to level (at least on paper, in reality they are all Kill x amount of something), plus crafting, plus story, plus more diverse areas to explore that there is really ZERO point in playing a Klingon once FvF comes in the 45 day patch.

But that may be the plan - Cryptic has invested nothing in the Klingons (as evidenced by this week's content patch), and will continue to invest only minimal resources after it polishes the REAL game - Fed side.
Exactly, you can't expect them to flesh out the Klingon side while the faction with the super-majority still isn't finished. From a business standpoint you will keep more customers by creating content for the side with more players. It's going to be a balancing game of keeping End-Game Fed, Leveling Fed, End Game Klingon and maybe Leveling Klingon left in the dust. Rushed, understaffed and generally unprepared, first three words that come to mind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-12-2010, 01:10 PM
They nerfed klingons pvp exp? Pvp exp did seem a bit low to me but only I played it in the last couple levels of a tier(t5 now) and PVEd the rest. But yeah I don't see too much reason to be the monsterplay faction esp. without my joined trill for novelty(fix that already cryptic).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 AM.