Lt. Commander
# 31
02-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palach
^^^

This. A thousand times - this.

Over the course of the last decade, the concept of time spent in MMOs went from playing it to speed running through it, taking every shortcut possible.

if you made the Admiral already...well, good job. Proud of you.
The poopsockers always hit cap first.

Here's the real comedy:

Cryptic nerfs everyone else, and gives a content upgrade for the poopsock crowd. Go figure.

"Here's to you cheeto-stained fingers poopsock guy!

All y'all that exploited and remained unemployed in your habichair, runnin' yer cheeto-stained fingers over your 'die in pvp' key until you hit admiral, have some purple drops from new content! We love you, cheeto-stained fingers poopsock guy.

So crack open some new content"

<A real gamer herooooo>
..."

And for the rest of us? A longer grind, and the same garbage content we had in closed beta. Go us!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palach
^^^

This. A thousand times - this.

Over the course of the last decade, the concept of time spent in MMOs went from playing it to speed running through it, taking every shortcut possible.

if you made the Admiral already...well, good job. Proud of you.
Well I did all story quests on the Fed side, except 1 (partially, last part has broken bo pathing). And I wasn't playing that much.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullamordew
To nerf KDF leveling ? 70 Skill points for a pvp match now at Lt Cmdr ranks wtf

Edit for stupid spelling error
Heh funny. You get SP based off performance and win/lose. The highest amount of SP in (Commander) PVP is 160. The lowest you can get is 93. People get 93 skill points all the time because they're AFK or don't try to fight and just suicide.

You must have done horrible in your match because at LTC (currently Captain) I was getting 100-120 skill points per-match.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The poopsockers always hit cap first.

Here's the real comedy:

Cryptic nerfs everyone else, and gives a content upgrade for the poopsock crowd. Go figure.

"Here's to you cheeto-stained fingers poopsock guy!

All y'all that exploited and remained unemployed in your habichair, runnin' yer cheeto-stained fingers over your 'die in pvp' key until you hit admiral, have some purple drops from new content! We love you, cheeto-stained fingers poopsock guy.

So crack open some new content"

<A real gamer herooooo>
..."

And for the rest of us? A longer grind, and the same garbage content we had in closed beta. Go us!
First they increase the kills required for ground without compensating with more SP, and now they go and NERF it? I was wondering why I'm only getting 90 a match (20-25 off my usual).

Cryptic has the reaction time of a sloth. This isn't an issue anymore. They people who would do it, have already done it and benefitted from it.

You make US pvp for our supper and then make us chew slowly, while numb nuts overthere wolfed his down and your fixing him another plate?

Think, Cryptic *bashes cryptic in the forehead* think!
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic_X View Post
not everyone can play 6 hours a day, 7 days a week. i do nothing but pvp since release and i made it to lt. commander3 (lvl 14?)
i got no idea where ppl pull that "cap level in 7 days" from.

and i dont think it has anything to do with contribution. i played 6 games last night, won all 6 and i was always top or 2nd dmg dealer on my side with something like 10/1 kill/death ratio. and i think 90 skillpoints was the most i have been seeing. cant say fore sure though because i wasnt watching. but when i logged off i was wondering why i didnt finish that actual level like i was expecting.
Getting through tier 1-3 is the hardest part. Once you get Captain its easy and should only take 1-3 days of casual play to get Admiral. Right now as a Captain I have 3 quest that give me 400+ SP and they're repeatable every few hours.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Well to be honest it seems like a HUGE SLOW grind at t2 to get to t3. I am all kinds of hot and heavy to want to get to T3 as a klingon so I can have my old school K'tinga. After that It can be as slow as mollasses and I'll bide my time waiting for the pve klingon content after. Not eager to haver to leave my K'tinga LOL.
But I understand the frustration.
Right now I do NO pvp'ing as a Fed. I p[lay Klingon when I want to pvp and Fed when I want to pve.
I know I should do some pvp as a feddy as it would help me better fighting against them once I have some more in depth knowledge and experience of what they can do in pvp, but...I want to explore and adventure as it were as a feddy and I want to blow stuff up and conquer as a Kling lol.
But yes, it is boring doing the exact same "instances" over and over as a kling. Even the pvp, the large ones are still not much more than an arena of one type or another.
I hope they bring in some kind of open area with Stabase captures and or planet captures etc. Would be fun, but for now......I'll just keep hammering away. Now it would also be nice if we had more character slots and the ability to turn off exp. We couls make characters to stay at lower levels and whatnot, but again, thats just me.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
The slow leveling does not bother me at all. Running the same missions over and over get a little mind numbing.

And yes I knew what I was getting into when I joined klingon faction. Just waiting for the new PVE and enjoying my play time.