Lt. Commander
# 51
02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I had my fingers crossed it would be fixed in last nights patch. no such luck.

You know I wouldn't be as upset if I got a Dev to tell me, "yea, we know that model sucks, we'll address it."
But that isn't likely to happen. At this point I'm afraid they'll never fix it. And since I hear the sovvie has the same lack of concern for quality, I'm not really looking forward to getting my admiral's ship either.

though really, I know it's a higher-tier ship, and in all fairness the refit connies, along with the other lower tier ships, look great - precisely what they should be.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Try to think of it this way...It's 30 some odd years later and about 40 years since the Galaxy was first introduced. Maybe they made some changes to the design...Maybe then you can get some sleep and feel good about cruising around in your Galaxy class. Now if only they would fix that pesky ground combat camara that makes you go forward when you wanna go backwards, and to the right when you wanna go left, and left when you wanna go forwards...I could go on and on.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewind View Post
This most iconic vessel needs work... Cryptic, it's time to start finishing the game now. Please, If you would, release a patch to fix the following graphical errors on the Galaxy class hull.

- Neck does not attach to the saucer properly
Image Link - http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1265852293

- Engine pylons do not attach to the hull properly
Image Link - http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1265852660

Thanks.
The most iconic vessel is the Constitution class.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
The most iconic vessel is the Constitution class.
No it's the X-Wing.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
OMG! You are so right! This is a #1 priority issue! Forget fixing bugged quests, bugged bridge officers, server issues, connection problems, etc. We need them working 24/7 on a new graphics model now!

I DEMAND a mod post on this most important issue now or i'm quitting the game....

/endsarcasm

Really? Your wittle imaginary spaceship isn't "properly" rendered? ROTFL
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
ROTFL?

LRN 2 INTERNETS
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
OMG! You are so right! This is a #1 priority issue! Forget fixing bugged quests, bugged bridge officers, server issues, connection problems, etc. We need them working 24/7 on a new graphics model now!

I DEMAND a mod post on this most important issue now or i'm quitting the game....

/endsarcasm

LOLOLO THANK YOU!!! SOMEONE SANE! yeah this guys is going BONKERS over a hull that's pivot point somehow got moved a few units up on the z axis... chill out bro - it'll get fixed.

I can't believe someone called this bug a "slap in the face".... really? a "slap in the face"? If a bug in the ship is a slap in the face, I'd like to see how this guy reacts to something bad that happens to him IRL.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like a part offset issue. When working on ship variations we sometimes need to adjust the connection points of existing ships. Unfortunately in this case it appears to have caused this hull to be offset from the rest of the ship.

We have prioritized the bug appropriately.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainValentine View Post
This is how a Galaxy class should look, and made by amateurs for a nearly decade old game:

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...xy_Class;89383 - note saucer sep included!

I cant believe how shockingly bad some of the models are. And ugly... seriously ugly. One reminds me of the Excelsior prototypes or the phase 2 v-wing Enterprise.
I know, it's ludicrous.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall View Post
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like a part offset issue. When working on ship variations we sometimes need to adjust the connection points of existing ships. Unfortunately in this case it appears to have caused this hull to be offset from the rest of the ship.

We have prioritized the bug appropriately.
This is similar to a thread I had created in beta shown here. Although, it was more of a general thread directed at the modeling critiques of all ships, instead of just the Galaxy (although I do see that the Galaxy could use some touching up as well)

EDIT: it also appears that my image of the light cruiser on there isn't showing up. I'll have to add it in later or make a new thread...

As to the arguments on prioritizing art issues over gameplay issues, I'm fairly certain that most of the art team is not concerned with gameplay mechanics, so I don't see how an art issue cannot be worked on at the same time as an art issue.

Also, I don't think you want artists working on code, or coders working on art...